Grease guns

Mith

Just wondering what grease guns you guys use and like/dislike.
I need to get a new one as my current one is too small and too hard to load.
I buy grease by the barrel, so am looking for something nice and easy to load, holds alot of grease, manual operation.
Not sure if I want flexible or solid tubes, any opinions?

Thanks

B

bczoom

I use the ones that accept the tubes. For me, it has to have a pistol type grip/pump for one handed operation and flexible hose so I can reach tight spots.

Around here, the tube grease is very cheap. I often find it at auctions or sales for about $1 for 12 tubes.

What do you mean by "flexible or solid tubes"? Are we talking about the hose that goes from the grease canister out to the connection for the zerk? If so, I definitely prefer flexible.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
For me, it has to have a pistol type grip/pump for one handed operation and flexible hose so I can reach tight spots.
I took the flexible delivery hose off. I found it took two hands on my pneumatic grease gun. One to connect the coupler and one to squeeze the trigger.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use the pistol grip type also. Slide a tube in and grease away. I've been considering the 12 volt models, as I've heard good stuff about them, but I haven't been motivated to spend the bucks. If I had more stuff to grease that would be another story. :D

Mith

I have been looking at the ones like this
With this you need 2 hands to pump, so you'd have to have a solid hose. It seems a bit cheap at $15 to be very good though.....

The pistol type looks good, only need 1 hand to pump.