Heated seats for tractors & RTV's

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
These posts are from part of a 'what's new for 2011 Kubota's'. Heated seats were simply an idea and as far as we know are not part of the new Kubota line up or any other line up. But why not? Seems like a good idea.

I was out moving snow around a few days ago and got to wondering ... I have nice heated seats in my car ....why not have a heated seat on the tractor? Sure would be nice when out pushing snow around.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Now that would be nice.I would like to see the layout. My pliers are always coming out of my back pocket and going up under the seat.The crevice there seems to collect a lot of stuff that I toss on the seat while working. Wonder if they changed the oil stick location as it would be nice to check the oil without lifting the bed. Doc, the heated seat would sure spoil me if thatidea was ever incorporated in the future. :) Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Why not just but a self-stick block heater on the bottom of your seat (assuming your seat pan is metal)?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never even seen a block heater (I thought they were like an oil dipstick and went down the dipstick hole to heat the oil.) If that is true I doubt they'd heat the seat much, plus they have to be plugged in so the heat would not last long once you are out in the snow.

They make these for motorcycles so why not tractors & RTV's? Seems like a great application for a heated seat, even more so than in a car. In a car they get to darn hot ....I rarely use them.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc,

I was thinking of the pad heaters that you stick to your oil pan.
I'm thinking I got mine from here http://www.padheaters.com/index.html
They have them with 12V DC.

I got curious as to their viability for a heated seat so I called them. We kicked it around but our conclusion is... it won't work. It'll melt the foam of the seat. It'll get plenty hot but the foam won't be able to dissipate the heat.

Oh well. Time to rip the seat out of the truck and put it on the tractor. Don't forget to wire in the power seat options.