PTO switch

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The PTO switch on the JD Tractor has been acting up.... We use it everyday operating the feed wagon.This weekend, it decided to really act up.. coming on, going off ..not coming on ...it is cold as all get out so the cows must be fed. Finished feeding yesterday by the hardest.
Today, I take the switch out of the console and proceed to take a look at the insides. There are contacts on the base part of the switch and below the yellow switch are 2 prongs with springs up in the 2 small "pusher" prongs. They adjust the reach on the switch's contacts. You will want to make sure they don't fall out. I put a little really tiny dab of dielectric grease on the inner part where the springs are, to hold the prongs and springs in place or else they wanted to fall out when reassembling. The dielectric grease was not on the contact part. Anyways, I cleaned out the dust ,cleaned the contacts and reassembled . It is working good.. Later on, we will probably upgrade to the knob type that is easier to operate quickly by touch (easier to bump on/off if you need to move it just a hair )since we are usually looking at the troughs to the right and rely on our fingers
sense's to operate it. bordercollie

Attachments

• 1208131640.jpg
    1208131640.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 355
  • 1208131636.jpg
    1208131636.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 347
  • 1208131635.jpg
    1208131635.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 669

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you got it fixed on the cheap (labor only).

Nice picture of your house but you need to work on your artistry of the stick figure standing under the carport. You also shouldn't leave your backpack leaf blower on the left side of the picture running when nobody is around...

attachment.php

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you got it fixed on the cheap (labor only).

Nice picture of your house but you need to work on your artistry of the stick figure standing under the carport. You also shouldn't leave your backpack leaf blower on the left side of the picture running when nobody is around..

attachment.php

BcZoom, hahahahahaaa. Thank you for the laugh. :) ( and you have it about right- that silly leaf blower gave me away) :) Well, if I remember right, you are a lefty too :) Can I blame my artistic skills on that maybe?? collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, if I remember right, you are a lefty too
WOW! You do have a memory.

Speaking of memory, I sometimes remind my wife that I don't remember all the things I've ever done wrong... No use in both of us remembering.

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
That's a good one right there, Zoom. I'll have to use that one on my wife. But, I might have to find another place to live if I do. : )

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My problem is besides never forgetting things that irritate me, like the in grate that "lost" my favorite American made tow chain etc and the attitude associated with it, I also never forget the stupid stuff that I do... The devil has a good time ragging me with it but I beat him up every now and then.... I'm learning to do better and trying to let go.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
You have to stop hitting your fingers with the hammer.

Bet that hurt!

New glasses required or just more light? ha ha ha

I need both by the way!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You have to stop hitting your fingers with the hammer.

Bet that hurt!

New glasses required or just more light? ha ha ha

I need both by the way!

Haha Spudhauler! That's what I got for trying to use my right hand to hammer with.. Yes it is true, .. I need glasses and the good light would help too! Ya'll should have seen me after being hit in the mouth with a cow poking stick (accident). I looked like fat albert-and only chipped a side tooth. never a dull moment here on this working family farm. :) collie