HD bucket for ML106 loader

Are we talking different things Brian? :confused: Here is what I meant (and recommend):

Yes, I thought that we were talking about teeth, not chain hooks.:pat: I need some rest. About the chain hooks, the type that you show are stronger for sure in a weld on application, but also about 4 times more $. The ones that I have should hold about what the angle iron will hold, and that is way more than the tractor will move.;)

xlr82v2

Brian, you did the same thing I did for bucket hooks on my 3525, except I cut the eyes completely off. That, and with a little massaging with Mr. 9 Inch Grinder, and I had a set of Bona Fide Weld-On bucket hooks, nearly identical in profile to the "real" weld on hooks. I used Grade 43 hooks, because they were several $'s cheaper, and still strong enough to handle anything that my tractor is capable of.

Galen, I think we're going to stick with the angle iron across the top, since Dad wants bucket hooks on his loader also, and that will give a little more "beef" to weld to. I agree though, that your solution would be the lightest weight alternative, by a few pounds. Maybe Mahindra can (SHOULD) change their specs on that bucket so that it's more suited to the capability of the tractor?? The standard bucket that comes with the 106 loader really is pretty wimpy in it's stock configuration.

Dougster

Old Member
Yes, I thought that we were talking about teeth, not chain hooks.:pat: I need some rest. About the chain hooks, the type that you show are stronger for sure in a weld on application, but also about 4 times more $.
Oh Brother! :rolleyes: And since when has my rich left coast friend been concerned about spending too much money??? :yum:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Maybe Mahindra can (SHOULD) change their specs on that bucket so that it's more suited to the capability of the tractor?? The standard bucket that comes with the 106 loader really is pretty wimpy in it's stock configuration.
KMW is certainly capable of manufacturing stronger buckets... I know because I bought one... but for some reason MahindraUSA insists on going with these crazy lightweight, light-duty buckets. In the case of my 4110/ML112, everything is built like a battleship... until you get to the FEL bucket! :eek: Those stock buckets bend like spaghetti with normal, everyday use. Just take a look at any "well-used", unmodified stock bucket. It's a damn shame! :eek:

Jeremy once told me that MahindraUSA used to offer heavier duty buckets as an option... but nobody ordered them so they dropped them. Now we are left with three choices: modify them, replace them or live with the inevitible damage. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster, I guess it was all he had left of his weekly allowance from the Mrs.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi
I can't explain it. :confused: It boggles my mind. Brian goes first class on everything! Those rich Hollywood left coast folks are rolling in money and can afford to! Brian spends more money on equipment in one week than I spend all year... but he suddenly decides to save $10 to 15 on bucket hooks??? :wtf:

There is more to this story than the $10 to $15 he "saved"! ;)

Dougster

xlr82v2

Dougster,

Mahindra/Buhler got it right on the ML230 that is on my 3525. That bucket is just right. It's not super heavy, but, I would have to abuse it pretty bad to tear it up. Just the way it should be with a "standard" bucket. :thumb: MahindraUSA, you guys got it right on that one!

On the KMW loaders (if they're all like Dad's) you're going to have to "baby" them to keep from turning that thing into a pretzel. They should have just made the heavier bucket standard equipment and dropped the spaghetti bucket altogether. I can't believe that they don't have owners breathing down their necks about those, I know that if my bucket bent that easily, and I bent it on the very first time I used the tractor, doing almost nothing as far as loader capability goes, I would be :angry:.

I'll pass it on to Dad about what you said Jeremy told you.

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,

Mahindra/Buhler got it right on the ML230 that is on my 3525. That bucket is just right. It's not super heavy, but, I would have to abuse it pretty bad to tear it up. Just the way it should be with a "standard" bucket. :thumb: MahindraUSA, you guys got it right on that one!

On the KMW loaders (if they're all like Dad's) you're going to have to "baby" them to keep from turning that thing into a pretzel. They should have just made the heavier bucket standard equipment and dropped the spaghetti bucket altogether. I can't believe that they don't have owners breathing down their necks about those, I know that if my bucket bent that easily, and I bent it on the very first time I used the tractor, doing almost nothing as far as loader capability goes, I would be :angry:.

I'll pass it on to Dad about what you said Jeremy told you.
Interesting that they got it right on the 3525. Maybe there is hope for Mahindra on that issue after all! I've listed it several times as the first thing I would change on the 4110/ML112. It is an embarrassment for an otherwise fine tractor. In fact, if I were a Mahindra dealer, I'd figure out some sneaky way to order them in without buckets and then substitute sturdy aftermarket ones! :thumb:

And yes... BLACK buckets only at Dougster Mahindra Sales & Service!!! :mrgreen:

Dougster

rback33

OK, so maybe I AM a little late to the show. No, there is not a heavier bucket for the ML106 loader.... officially anyway... :D There ARE ways around that especially the fact that the skid steer QA is not OFFICIALLY available, but there are ways around anything. These are not because of us or MUSA, but axle loading issues on the Mitsubishi tractors. I will say that u could probably steal some parts from Dougster that were replaced at a very nice price and come out very nicely. ;)

Dougster

Old Member
OK, so maybe I AM a little late to the show. No, there is not a heavier bucket for the ML106 loader.... officially anyway... :D There ARE ways around that especially the fact that the skid steer QA is not OFFICIALLY available, but there are ways around anything. These are not because of us or MUSA, but axle loading issues on the Mitsubishi tractors. I will say that u could probably steal some parts from Dougster that were replaced at a very nice price and come out very nicely. ;)
That's what's called "giving out clues without getting fired or incurring added company liability"!!! :thumb:

Dougster

Bindian

I will say that u could probably steal some parts from Dougster that were replaced at a very nice price and come out very nicely. ;)
Dougster,
This reminds me. I know where there is a brand new 509 BH sitting on a pallet begging for someone to "borrow" it's bucket cylinder.:fishing: Any movement on your cylinder replacement?:whistle:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
This reminds me. I know where there is a brand new 509 BH sitting on a pallet begging for someone to "borrow" it's bucket cylinder.:fishing: Any movement on your cylinder replacement?:whistle:
hugs, Brandi
Naw... I'm gonna have to re-address it directly with Bradco sometime after Jan 1. I am not very happy with them right now. One way or another, the replacement part stalemate has got to end. :rolleyes:

Dougster

Bindian

Are we talking different things Brian? :confused: Here is what I meant (and recommend):
Dougster,
Where can I buy these weldable hooks? I never have seen anything like the ones in the photo in post #24 above. I guess welding supply stores carry them?
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Dougster,
Where can I buy these weldable hooks? I never have seen anything like the ones in the photo in post #24 above. I guess welding supply stores carry them?
hugs, Brandi
I got mine (Made in USA) at St. Pierre Manufacturing Corp. in Worcester, MA (a.k.a., LarryRB's friends). They are also available (Made in China) at Chappell Tractor Sales in Milford, NH.

They are available on-line at:
http://www.1st-chainsupply.com/hooks/weldable%20hooks.htm

Hollywood Brian says he can't afford them... but if I recall correctly, the Made in USA's were $7.00 each and the Made in China's were $5.00 each. I see that on-line prices are slightly higher.

Dougster

PBinWA

I have dispatched my dealer on this task! I owe you a beer(or twelve) for saving me some fabrication work! It was one of those projects I was never going to get to! Picked up some nice Bradco forks too!:thumb: