RTV 1100 2” Receiver Mod

Scott.deitrich

Just picked up a 2008 RTV 1100 and it doesn’t have 2” receivers. Don’t know why Kubota would do such a thing but has anyone else modded their RTV 1100 to a 2” receiver front and or back?

Thinking of just welding a sleeve on top of the smaller hitch vice cutting it off for the rear and welding a 2” receiver onto the bumper for the front.

rbarger

Just go to HarberFreight and buy an adapter. I have one for the front and back of my RTV 900. Works great.

Scott.deitrich

Tried that

Just go to HarberFreight and buy an adapter. I have one for the front and back of my RTV 900. Works great.

I’m running a 3 point adapter that requires a 2” receiver. The adapter is sloppy and adds unneeded length which I’m sure causes undue stress.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I’m running a 3 point adapter that requires a 2” receiver. The adapter is sloppy and adds unneeded length which I’m sure causes undue stress.

A 2" stub receiver is available at TSC and most trailer sellers. Personally, I'd just buy a couple and replace the smaller ones on the RTV.

I only use the smaller on on my 2004 as I only push or tow stuff. That said, I've come close a couple of time to going to 2" as I have a wide selection of 2" ball mounts but just haven't made the move.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i just use the receiver with a solid hitch. iff you need something else you could go to a machine shop and have a piece of 2 inch solid and have half of it's length milled to fit the smaller side.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Back when I had my '05, I bought some square solid stock to fit the smaller receiver and welded flat heavy plate to it. Before I did that though, I gradually, by step up bits, drilled a hole large enough to take a ball . Fortunately, we have a drill press and my Dad had left me some large bits . Only practical if you have the bits or can borrow them though.
If I can find it, I 'll take a picture. Not pretty but it worked. collie
One thong I learned with the bought adapter hitches after you add the it with the ball . - it will sure bust your shin sticking out like that. Ask how I know. :) collie

Scott.deitrich

2” receiver

Bought a 2” sleeve and welded it right on top of the existing hitch. Fits like a charm and is going to work out just fine for my needs.

Attachments

• 66BEECB6-B724-4925-8730-20BBA4FAAA70.jpg
    66BEECB6-B724-4925-8730-20BBA4FAAA70.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 127

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
is that connected to the rear suspension? if it is when the springs flex the new receiver could get close to the filters by bending the guard up and into them

ovrszd

If you look closely to the right of the receiver you can see a rubber bumpstop connected to the frame. You can aldo see the gap between that bumpstop and the suspension tube the hitch is fastened to. That's how much uptravel the tube has under load. If the gap between the new hitch and the filter guard is less, there will be a problem.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have rub marks on my machine's frame where those stops hit at times. I don't carry big loads often but do occasionally . collie

Scott.deitrich

I ended up cutting the adapter down from the guard to avoid the receiver from hitting the guard. Used it pretty hard this weekend in rougher terrain and had no issues. Thanks for the heads up.