Does this sound right to you

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm looking at RTV's for sale and came across this one.
a 2014 model and it's black. Looks weird.
They say it's been stored inside but for a machine with 58 hours on it it looks rough to me. And the price seems to low. Don't the 1140's go for 16+
58 hours on this 2014 RTV 1140 for 12500. :confused:
What do you think.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4579946873.html

628pm

Site Supporter
Doesn't look right at all. The bumper isn't right for a 2014 , I don't think they have rtv on them. Vehicle looks well worn, ask them to send you photos of the speedometer with the hours and miles on it. (2 different pictures). Did someone paint it black? I thought I seen on a forum where someone painted their whole vehicle with bed liner paint.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
If you are interested have him post a shot of the serial # plate and ask him how it got black for so new an RTV.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd approach with scepticism. (sp?)
I'd look if it was close to me but...
It looks like an older model.
Tires/rims aren't right. White spokes? WTF? Wore out OEM?
I'll say BS on 20 hours.
Grainy pics = grainy deal. Caveat Emptor.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Vehicle in Cleveland, phone# in Indianapolis, email is a promoter of events in DC.

With all this and the mismatch of components that '628' noted - maybe the title is a little vague?

This might be a bargain but I think its definitely one that needs background research. Maybe ask to see his purchase docs, dealer's setup docs, lender payoff docs. If its that new he should have at least some of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the Ebay Scam response - "It's in Portugal at the moment but delivery is included in the price if you wire us the funds immediately."

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is a common scam that these guys do.....Laugh about it Doc and find something real...........God bless........Dennis

urednecku

Sounds like the 3/4 ton pickup I almost bought several months ago. Lady was about an hour drive from me, but the pu was I think in Pa. Pay her thru paypal, she would ship the pu down here (included in price), if I didn't like it I get my money back.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good homework on this one guys. I knew it was fishy and did not even bother to contact the owner, I wanted yous guys opinion prior to that. And you are all in agreement with what I thought, and have given me more reasons to move on ....keep looking.

All I'm doing is sending emails or calling RTV's that sound interesting and in my price range and seeing if they want a 93 Corvette and a little boot for their RTV. So far no replies but one never knows till one tries.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc,

What all cities CL are you checking? I saw a few in Pittsburgh in the last month.

Also, since you already have a work RTV, have you considered one of the smaller RTV's. Something like the 500 model? It's quieter, smaller, still seats 2, can do work, 4WD, but several thousand cheaper.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I considered that Brian. But the 400 and 500 do not have hydraulics do they? Those dump beds are so handy. Two with hydraulics would make maintaining my trails mucho easier. I'm hankering a little for an 1100 with heat and air for the wintertime.

All the bigger cities within a few hours of me. Cleveland, Cinci, Columbus, Indy, Tittsburg, Charleston, huntington etc.
Cinci didn't have many RTV's but listed those in Louisville and Lexington. More for sale in Kentucy than anywhere so far. But no surprise, none of them in the market for a corvette.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The hyd on the smaller ones is available (my dad has it in his).
It's an electric over hydraulic system so you install the cylinder and connect to the battery.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good to know but for now I'm thinking BIG. Even looking at the 1140. I had never seen one with the bed extended and the rear seat folded up. Very versatile.

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
The hyd on the smaller ones is available (my dad has it in his).
It's an electric over hydraulic system so you install the cylinder and connect to the battery.

I have this on my ez-go and it works very well. Bob