Parking Brake P light ?

v10rick

Site Supporter
Guys this is not working in my RTV 900, the bulb is good.

From the WS schematic the wire from the hand brake switch goes directly to the indicator on the dash. This wire is open on my rig.

Buried in the wiring harness its impossible to follow without cutting it apart.

Is there any particular place to look for an open?

As a last resort I could tape a wire on the outside of the harness, between the switch and bulb, but I prefer to fix it correctly.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Check the little rubber covered button hidden under the brake lever handle. (Need to remove the side panel to access it easily) I replaced my on the 2005 many years ago. It's documented here . http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14108&highlight=parking+brake The rubber cover can become worn and let water in... there goes the button. Have you tested this switch to see if there is power there? It's easy to replace if that is your source of trouble. I hope this is the problem without getting into the wiring harness.
bordercollie

v10rick

Site Supporter
No power at the switch and that fuse box looks ugly.

Looks like a rodent was chewing on the wiring and there is previous splice work there.

Maybe start there and trace back to the brake switch and dash?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I hate those rodents...chewed the wires off of my late mom and Dad's truck too.. It could be a fire hazard so if it were me, I'd straighten that up asap to prevent one. If you can get all of those splices and chews corrected , maybe that will be the only place chewed and the harness will be ok. Tracing from there is where I'd start.. seeing if those wires were all hot going to the fuse then proceed. collie