TYM Tractors

aluze

Hi,

I wanted to buy last month a chinese tractor (Dong Feng, called East Wind in Australia), but i have been told not to do that, and in fact, it seems these tractors have a lot of problems. The price was good, but the tractor not.

So i intend to buy a TYM micro tractor (273) at a local dealer. As i leave in New Caledonia, i have not enough informations about these tractors, even if i have found quite a lot on internet. They look good and reliable.

But I've read somewhere than some of TYM tractors are or have been made in China and do not present the same quality as the corean ones.

If someone can give me more informations about that (the dealer tell me the tractor has been made in Corea, but i'm not sure), this would be greatly appreciated.`

Thank you and excuse my bad english

Note : The 273 model has a mitsubishi engine.

Erik

I very nearly bought a 273 this winter, was pleased with the size, specs, and the way the seat and controls fit both me and my wife. (gotta love that adjustable seat)
But I could not get the dealer to be around during his posted hours - even when I called ahead and told him i was coming by to look at the unit with a likely intent to buy (twice).
Since he obviously did not want my money, I spent it elsewhere.
Funny thing is, I ended up with a Mahindra 3510 -- which is built by TYM.

Don't worry, the 273 is not one of the chinese models. I don't remember which ones they were, but that's not one of them.

good luck and post a photo when you get it home and dirtied up a bit!

shvl73

Check the data plate on the frame. I thought some of that series might have been assembled in China. If so, they still have a good reputation.

aluze

Thank you for your replys. i was unable to verify if 233 and 273 models were assembled in China or not, because they have all been sold and were not displayed at the dealer's dock. I could only see the 330, and for sure this one has been made on Korea.

Yesterday, at last, the dealer confirmed only the 233 and 273 were assembled in China, under Korean license. I'm going to see one, bought last monts on other part of New Caledonia, to see how it is and if this poeple is happy with it.

Thank you again for your help and I'll give you more informations further about these models.

All the best

JP

Cactus

aluze

You heard right about Eastwind tractors Middway sales Australia (chinse built)
I got caught I bought a DF 354 you would not believe the amount of trouble this pile of junk has caused the're nothing but a Dinky toy .

JG

cpie

TYM T603 front loader

Does anyone have the 4 in 1 type front end loader on a TYM T 603? If so does it have to be a TYM product or can any other brands be substituted? Thanks

myyaz33

Does anyone have the 4 in 1 type front end loader on a TYM T 603? If so does it have to be a TYM product or can any other brands be substituted? Thanks

Not 100% sure, but I think it uses a universal skid steer quick attach. So you should be able to use another brand. Might be something to ask a dealer about.

payforthepaint

tym tractor

I have a small TYM (t273 I believe) and the little thing is great! I have had some small issues with electrical items breaking ( cruise switch, brake light switch) but they were covered under warranty and they also didnt hassle me about replacing a hail-damaged seat cover. I need some wheel weights cause the loader will pick up way more than is safe (almost tipped it) and it does have a mitsubishi engine in it. I bought it cause the warranty was great and i could get the most HP for the money I could spend. Ive got about 200 hrs on it and still no complaints. I dont know if this is at all relevant to the big tractors, but so far I've had nothing but good warranty service experience. I won't hesitate to buy another one when i can trade up to something that will run a baler!

payforthepaint

and btw, my 273 was made in Korea, assembled in China, says so on the frame somewhere. Also mine has a universal skid steer attachment on the front, so nothing special (unlike JD)

Erik

I looked at the 273 when I was shopping, local dealership had one stupid cheap, but they were never there when I went to test drive it, so I ended up with a larger tractor. (which is good, the 273 would have been a bit small for about half the stuff I do with mine) Good little machines.

cpie

Our dealer is getting the TYM 4 in 1 bucket as it has the joystick which must be exchanged out in the T603. Since we are just purchasing the tractor this is the route we are going. Loved the extra $500.00 rebate that just was increased even as we have been negotiating. Have read someone was concerned about position of the joystick. Anyone?

hatchr

I am new here. i need to add a second, larger tractor to my "tool box". Something in the 40-50 hp range. i only just heard of TYM and am considering on... i need guidance.

Rad

I have had the 451 and now the T503, great tractors and great warranty. I enjoy the cab, the ONLY way to go if you can afford it.

Rad

MY T503 with wallensten chipper

My 503 and chipper, this is the best way to thin out my forest area. It can shred trees up to 6 inches. I do very little burning and the chips help the soil, plus I put them around my walk areas and on trails. Anything larger I keep for fire wood.

Attachments

• TYM chipper.jpg
    TYM chipper.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 153

hatchr

thanx for the reply. It's good to know that, what is to me, a new brand is a good one. I made a deal with a guy for a repo, 12.5 hr, 60 hp Massey-Ferguson with the tools i need so the TYM isn't in the plans for now.
I also have a chipper. From DS, not 3 pt but very adequate. I also consider it invaluable and find lots of uses for the chips. With the big ice storms this year I have lots of opportunity to use the tractor and the chipper.

marcellassminis

Love our 27 hp TYM!!! Will never own any other!!

:tiphat: This little monster is easy to use, diesel-powered, simple to run and has more guts than lots of others its' size! We'll never own any other brand!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:tiphat: This little monster is easy to use, diesel-powered, simple to run and has more guts than lots of others its' size! We'll never own any other brand!!
Sounds like you found a winner. I felt that way after I bought also. A great feeling isn't it. :D :thumb:

Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

8x56mn

Just took delivery on a brand new TYM300 with BB. The tractor shows very nice fit and finish. Being an Engineer I went over this tractor with a fine tooth comb prior to buying. The ergonomics are excellent and the operation is very smooth. Seats are adjustable and comfortable; line of site to the FEL is good. Controls are well laid out and easy to understand. The only thing that I found was the way some of the hydraulic lines were ran and were rubbing on the tractor frame, the dealer fixed that problem using spiral wrap to my satisfaction.

I have owned a Kubota for 8 years now and can remember when they first arrived on the seen back in the 70's and were flooding the market with rock bottom prices. A lot of people were skeptical about “foreign made junk”, but see how they turned out. :rolleyes:

jiminpa

tym tractor

I'm looking at the tym t233hst tractor and would like to know about them.
Seem to be a nice one just dont know anything about the company. If anyone can help me to know if the company is ok and how the tractors
run. thanks jim