What are you doing with your Tractor this weekend

urednecku

I'm gonna give both my tractors off this weekend. They need their rest, 'cause in a month or so when the back Doctor releases me, I'm planning on working especially the 'Bota pretty hard, pushing about 4 acres of trees, & cutting up a bit of ground for hay.

edit: quincy, I like that train. I bet it was worth 10 times whatever ya had in it. Those kids are having a BLAST!!

Mith

Quincy, proper job on that train! 10/10 for that one :D

What are you doing with your Tractor this weekend

I wish! I spent yesterday meddling with firewood and BSing with the neighbour.
Today its a clean-a-thon. Its just taken me an hour and half to do the bathrooms, the washing machine is on its second load, the hoover needs emptying. Looks pretty presentable though :D Another few hours and I'll be there, then I can go play on the tractors.

Erik

a couple weeks ago I scraped some dirt mostly flat, Friday i punched a bunch of holes and yesterday set posts for my new garage/shop.
then the tractor died -- says it has no charge, so I need to check the battery out as well as its connections and the alternator.

Rained for about 3 hours this morning, so I haven't been back out to start nailing up purlins yet.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I got in some seat time.

A neighbor operates my orchard along with his own larger one nearby, but his tractor is too big to fit some places.

Last year a new vineyard was put in next door. My 6 ft disc is just right for going down my newly cramped boundary row.

P1520644rDiscBoundary.jpg

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
The next project was to disc under some of the poison oak down in back at the edge of the ravine. When I was a kid that slope was all blackberries, and I hope to return it to that.

Note the poison oak growing up into the eucalyptus trees. It climbs like ivy. Each year I disc, and prune what I can reach up in the trees without getting off the tractor and walking in the stuff. I'm also trying to recover the apple trees choked in berrybushes, between the lowest terraces, so I'm trying to improve access to the lowest terraces. I got my Trooper down in there a few years ago and wasn't sure it could find enough traction to climb back out, but it did. I'm still not ready to take the Subaru down there.

P1520716rLowerTerrace1.jpg

P1520692rLowerTerrace2.jpg

P1520735rLowerTerrace3.jpg

P1520751rLowerTerrace4.jpg

P1520688rLowerTerrace5.jpg

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
And just for fun - this hen turkey was the first thing I saw when I started to go outside this morning.

P1520889rTurkeyThruWindow.jpg

Giterdone

Well I actually had very little time on the tractor this weekend. I've got about a dozen or more projects on the go so I pretty much move between them. Went into town and picked up some lumber for the carport i'm putting up, finished an addition onto the front deck, did some weeding in the veggie garden, back into town for some supplies for the dock to chain up the wifes new paddle boat, worked on the dock for a while, picked up a cake for the brother in laws birthday, took him to the pub for some vittles and a few wobbly pops, cleaned up some tools left laying around from some of the projects, set some posts, moved a large pile of large rocks, some more gardening, entertained some friends for a couple of hours then took the last few hours of the day on Sun to get in a little bass fishing down at the lake, last but not least, checked out my favorite tractor forum. I'm sure there's a few more I've forgot to mention and how was your weekend?:pat:

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Got absolutely nothing done on the LX176 - I won't even be near it again for about three months. Spent Saturday looking around Ste. Genevieve and Eureka, Mo, went toa brew house in St. Louis for dinner that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and spent Sunday driving to Davenport, IA. This morning I am having a CB installed at Walcott CB in IA, then starting out on my second week of my three month trip to points west. Next stop Paxico, KS by tomorrow night.

Fred

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mowed a couple of acres, did the diesel powered wheelbarrow thing, and pulled the manure spreader around to distribute some natural fertilizer.

Jim

Erik

Got absolutely nothing done on the LX176 - I won't even be near it again for about three months. Spent Saturday looking around Ste. Genevieve and Eureka, Mo, went toa brew house in St. Louis for dinner that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and spent Sunday driving to Davenport, IA. This morning I am having a CB installed at Walcott CB in IA, then starting out on my second week of my three month trip to points west. Next stop Paxico, KS by tomorrow night.

Fred
Schlafly Brewery in St Loius? they used to make a really good treacle. Their oatmeal stout is pretty tasty as well.
Paxico - has a very cool looking Old German Catholic church. There's also a winery outlet there whose specialty is elderberry wine. Their Jalapeno jelly is good, too. Depending on when you roll through, Topeka has a decent Brewery about 5 miles South of I-70, just off the South Trunpike exit. (toll from KC to Topeka is under $2.50 -- or you can take US-24 and parallel the toll section of the highway)

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Hi, Erik. The one I went to is the "Iron Barley" which I found in DDD. Had their Barley Paella, it was out of this world! And both the ale and the wheat I tried were excellent. The one in Topeka I went to several times with our group while I was on a consulting gig there, 2000-2003. Always liked that place. Give me a few minutes, I'll even remember the name again, I remembered it last week. And the reason I'm going back to Paxico is to see the folks who run the RV park, and some friends I met in Topeka I;ve been promising. I lived in the RV park for two years. Will be getting in this PM, and staying through the weekend. I'd like to meet you while I'm in the area.

Regards

Fred

Erik

Fred,
I'm perfectly cool with the idea of meeting while you're here.
O'Dooley's "Irish Pub" has a Wednesday night steak special for $7 if that sounds OK to you -- or we can meet at the Blind Tiger Brewery Thuersday or Friday if that would work better for your schedule.
I live about 20 miles North, but work in Topeka, so my schedule is pretty flexible.

OkeeDon

We've been putting in an above ground pool, lots of grading, and got to use the excavator to rough out the deep end. The pool has an expandable liner so we can get down to 6' at one end. We're hard plumbing it, so I just finished trenching for the pipes a few minutes ago. My "expert" pool installer is coming back tomorrow to finish the liner and install the skimmer.

Then, I take over again and build a decent sized deck around it; get to use my post hole digger. Our house is up on 4' high stem walls, and the existing deck is 4' off the ground, so we went with an above ground pool so it will be at floor level. The existing deck is 12' wide; I'm adding 5' to the near side, 8' on the far side, 12' at one end, and 8' plus a 16' x16' screen room at the other end.

Giterdone

Well another weekend come and gone and not much done. Lots more digging and dirt moving to do but the weather's been so dry up here that every bucket of dirt just turns into a huge cloud of dust. Weather man keeps promising rain but it hasn't amounted to enough to really wet the ground at all. Maybe this is a good time to do some much needed seal replacing on lift cylinders and fix my leaky steering pump. :pat: