Major hydraulic tranny leak

jwstewar

Staff member
Between bushhogging, tilling the garden (I know way late), mowing all of the grass for the first time this year, filling the trench for the electric to the barn, and starting to break some dirt up with the scraper blade getting ready to haul it into the barn, I've probably put 20-25 hours on the tractor since reassembly. All is working well and everything is dry. Last night I was taking the trash to the road (hey, the tractor was already out and it would make it only be 1 trip:wave:) I purposely parked on the concrete driveway and let the tractor run while I went into the house to get the trash bag out of the kitchen. Probably sat there and ran for 4 - 5 minutes. Not a single drop on the driveway. I'm pretty happy. Wish it didn't happen and didn't have to be done, but its fixed and we move on and go back to working with the tractor and playing catch up with the chores that didn't get done while it was broke down. Not too bad, first break down on the tractor itself in the 11 years of ownership.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear everything is staying together as it should!

"Not too bad, first break down on the tractor itself in the 11 years of ownership."

The other day I was thinking about break downs. I hope I'm not speaking too soon but:
Tractor is now 18 years old. Never been in the shop.
RTV is 10 years old. Never been in the shop.
Truck is 10 years old. Never been in the shop (except for the one time you take it in under warranty to get the minor tweaks done).