Jump Starter

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Still running the original battery in my 06 RTV900. It was killed twice by the switch being left on or my big knee hitting it. Sure can't complain!

Right there with Ya, Bud.........My 05 still cranks hard with the original. Last year with real cold, perhaps down in the 20's, if I don't get it to start on the first try, I had better wheel over the "starter cart".........Good stuff for sure.....God bless......Dennis

Art454

Still running the original battery in my 06 RTV900. It was killed twice by the switch being left on or my big knee hitting it. Sure can't complain!

Wonder if Kubota batteries are made in Japan?.....all the Honda atv and even my bx23 is like 6 or 7 years old and still going strong.

TheMick

Reviving this old thread, there seem to have emerged some very decent jump starters since 2014 - if they start 7 liter diesels they should do the same with some of our tractors...

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum Mick!
I carry one of these.
https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.c...MIsdfQv-ib2QIVCIRpCh2iXARhEAQYBCABEgIb4vD_BwE

Bought it from napa. I can vouch for their handiness. I can add that at least with this model you dont get a lot of cranking time... in other words if you need a boost to start something that has a low battery but wants to start its perfect, but your not going to crank big diesel engines for very long with the jumper.
Also I accidentally left it hooked up to my camper I was winterizing, about a week later of cold temperatures it was literally frozen solid. I thought I ruined it but after it thawed out it started taking a charge again.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Ohh almost forgot, my dad was down visiting and had a handheld LIPO jumper pack he swore by "fired a suburban right up", so I said fine tough guy lets hook it to the tractor (150hp two batteries) that been sitting all winter and see what shes got....
Long story short his jumper pack started smoking and quit working :). I guess my uncle took it apart and soldered the terminal back to the circuit board and that fixed it.
(almost as funny as when he checked the voltage on a electic fly swatter with a multimeter... I dont think the multimeter ever worked after that.)

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I thing this is a great thing...check it out folks....Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start PPS XP-10 Multi-Function Jump Starter / Personal Power Supply....
Amazon has them.

since this is a "anti gravity" does that mean if i don't tie it down i will loose it like a helium balloon ??? :2gunsfiring_v1:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have one of those and keep it under the seat in the truck. It hasn't floated away. ;)

I like these things enough that I bought 4 more although a different brand.

TheMick

Welcome to the Forum Mick!
I carry one of these.
https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.c...MIsdfQv-ib2QIVCIRpCh2iXARhEAQYBCABEgIb4vD_BwE

Bought it from napa. I can vouch for their handiness. I can add that at least with this model you dont get a lot of cranking time... in other words if you need a boost to start something that has a low battery but wants to start its perfect, but your not going to crank big diesel engines for very long with the jumper.
Also I accidentally left it hooked up to my camper I was winterizing, about a week later of cold temperatures it was literally frozen solid. I thought I ruined it but after it thawed out it started taking a charge again.

Thanks for the warm welcome ALASKANASSASIN! I don't have any experience with these but was looking at that Trucpack as well, they seem a solid choice but I guess you never know until you actually need and use one :)

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have one of those and keep it under the seat in the truck. It hasn't floated away. ;)

I like these things enough that I bought 4 more although a different brand.

Now Zoom,just think! if we has four or five of these "anti gravity" type and duct taped them all together and then tied them to a lawn chair. we could travel around the world in 80 days!!!!!:harley:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This thread is timely. My wife is 300 miles away and she called saying her dad's car battery is dead. I told her to go to her trunk, get it out then walked her through connecting it. Her dad's car started right up. :)

Lee1935

I was in lowes this evening and they had one in there on sale for $79. It said it was 400CCA. I was tempted but ended up passing. Not sure how to post a link so here you go. Not sure of the quality of this one. Anyone?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_573361-74342-CA-9801_0__?productId=50179123&Ntt=

ETA: Guess that's how

Wal Mart carries jump starters, $48-$78, I have two of the higher priced units, both are 5 maybe 6 years old. no idea if they would start a vehicle with no battery

Lee1935

Reviving this old thread, there seem to have emerged some very decent jump starters since 2014 - if they start 7 liter diesels they should do the same with some of our tractors...

Do we have a few fishermen in this thread ☺☺