XG-850 Sidekick Now On Kubota Website

They have the brochures at my local dealer. He said they are still not sure of arrival and he says he has sold them all. Won't give me hard numbers but sounds like people really want this version.

What is interesting to me is that it appears to do as much / more than my 900. Hauling and dumping appear to be higher, as well as the top speed. Am I missing something?

About the only thing that scares me is doing 40 on those kubota seats.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In reading the specs, I too found it's very comparable to the 900. For me it comes down to the engine/tranny preference, amenities and speed.

If I put on the hours Bordercollie or others do on it, I'd probably stick with the diesel. Subaru makes decent engines but I don't know if they would take the 5000+ hours the Kubota engine is known to handle.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
looks like a nice machine to me. i would bet it makes a good competitor for that part of the market. i still like the tractor like attributes of the standard RTV.

ItBmine

Yes, it's been on the Canadian site for a while now as I said in my post. I heard we should be seeing them by March.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Anyone know the price point. Seems to be one of the lowest hp models in the belt driven utv market.

ItBmine

In Canada where we always pay more, they are saying around $16,000.

I think it was about $400 more than what we pay for a Polaris Ranger and yes it is slower, but it weighs quite a bit more telling me it is maybe a bit more beefy for work.

I'm waiting to see one as I was all set to buy a diesel 1100 cab model but now thinking this would be more trail rideable so I can get rid of my 3 Polaris's. I used to love Polaris, but my new one really shows the cheapness and poor quality they have adopted.
I only want orange in my yard now. Even if I did have a problem with a Kubota.....at least I will still have a better dealer and service.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
If I was buying a second unit for more speed and no need for diesel, this seems like a really nice unit. I wouldn't give up my x1120. You people have ruined me.

I have to say the quality control and materials on our x1120 are excellent with the sole exception of the ATV tires which are cheap.

ItBmine

I'm at the point in life where I want the 1100 diesel cab. I do more yard work now for enjoyment, than trail riding.
But I have teens that still like to go trail riding. And one of our rides is 200 miles.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have a 2007 1100 and a 2014 X1100C. i love the cabs,i think the perfect world would be the cab interior of the 1100 with the roll up windows of the X1100C and the bed of the 1100 on the X1100C chasis. i seldom drive anything over 25 mph anyway.

ItBmine

How would the diesels handle long trail rides? I realize they are slower, but any issues running those hydro trans long distances?

symphony

I had high hopes for this new model but got to be honest and say I'm disappointed. There are plenty of UTVs on the market that have better specs and cost about the same. The Honda Pioneer 1000 with DCT transmission is a good example.

I would have been pleased if Kubota tweaked the X1000C platform for a bit more speed. Add an option for a higher power gas engine or turbo diesel, automotive type transmission and front locking differential and it would be the perfect utility machine.

ItBmine

How would the diesels handle long trail rides? I realize they are slower, but any issues running those hydro trans long distances?

Sorry for kinda hi-jacking the thread, but to add more, maybe you guys can help my decision.

I've been watching our speeds when my kids and I ride and we are normally only doing 25 MPH. We like to look at wildlife and scenery (even my yard has deer, moose, bears, bobcat's, a mountain lion once, etc.)

When we went on that last 200 mile ride we were with my friends and they like riding their Razors 60 MPH or nothing. I didn't find that fun. It broke mount bolts in my machines and cracked windshields on the rough roads and trails. Plus you don't get to see any scenery because you are trying to make sure you don't head-on somebody in a blind corner.
I'm just concerned about how the hydro diesel can handle long rides.

As far as speed, like the expression goes, been there done that.
I raced AMA district 14 up until 2003 and if I do get the need I have a Honda CR500 sitting here that weighs 225 pounds, has 65 horsepower and is geared for 103 MPH on dirt, LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0018 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0018 (Medium).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0016 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0016 (Medium).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 107

ovrszd

I had high hopes for this new model but got to be honest and say I'm disappointed. There are plenty of UTVs on the market that have better specs and cost about the same. The Honda Pioneer 1000 with DCT transmission is a good example.

I would have been pleased if Kubota tweaked the X1000C platform for a bit more speed. Add an option for a higher power gas engine or turbo diesel, automotive type transmission and front locking differential and it would be the perfect utility machine.

I agree. This market is already saturated. For potential buyers that have no experience with Kubota I see nothing about this machine to entice them. For Kubota owners this model is geared toward more pleasure, less work. I would also expect much higher maintenance costs with this machine. Time will tell.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Sorry for kinda hi-jacking the thread, but to add more, maybe you guys can help my decision.

I've been watching our speeds when my kids and I ride and we are normally only doing 25 MPH. We like to look at wildlife and scenery (even my yard has deer, moose, bears, bobcat's, a mountain lion once, etc.)

When we went on that last 200 mile ride we were with my friends and they like riding their Razors 60 MPH or nothing. I didn't find that fun. It broke mount bolts in my machines and cracked windshields on the rough roads and trails. Plus you don't get to see any scenery because you are trying to make sure you don't head-on somebody in a blind corner.
I'm just concerned about how the hydro diesel can handle long rides.

As far as speed, like the expression goes, been there done that.
I raced AMA district 14 up until 2003 and if I do get the need I have a Honda CR500 sitting here that weighs 225 pounds, has 65 horsepower and is geared for 103 MPH on dirt, LOL

on my X1100C i usually run full throttle for hours at a time either in high or low doesn't matter. my engine temp and hydro temp never exceed operating temp unless the radiator gets plugged and that doesn't happen very often. so i would say that the RTV is designed like a tractor to run all out for extended periods of time. on another note the X1100C has a huge oil cooler for the Hydrostat and the fan runs off of the front of the engine so the transmission probably runs the coolest when all out but i haven't tested that for sure. all i know is running it hard and loaded doesn't overheat the hydro.