X1120 Center Caps (Hub Covers)

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
We love our X1120 but I have never been fond of the aluminum rims. Too fancy for our red clay mud.

I was blessed to find four Kubota factory steel rims in mint condition. All I had to do was purchase some center caps which were pretty reasonable.

These center caps are flexible rubber material, not the hard plastic ones that I imagined would slip through the backside of the rim and be held against the hub.

So I am wondering if you just squeeze these flexible things over the hub before you mount the rim then maybe vacuum holds them on.

I won't be able to get to this job until next weekend but thought I would check to see if any of you have worked with these little buggars.

Thanks

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
PawPawGrower, I seem to remember a circular clip a little smaller than 12 g high tensile wire. The clip was a complete circle minus about a fingers width allowing it to be squeezed into the inner inside edge of the rubber cap. Then it sprang back for tension to hold it. I think I have one hanging on the wall at the barn, I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tomorrow. This could be part of my back up rims so may not be for the rubber caps but am thinking it was for my old set which were steel and sold with the 2005 . .collie

Last edited:

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Collie,

A Kubota tech at my dealer called me back today and explained that on the RTVX models, it is very similar to what you describe above.

Apparently, there is a steel lip built into the hub. It does not come off. And then there is a corresponding slot on the inside of the rubber wheel cap. The idea is to ease it onto the hub until that cap seats around that lip. The tech advised against any lubricant to ease it on as that would ease it off.

So will try putting these on next week.

Thanks Collie.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We had double whammie on the farm yesterday with a set of twins and old mama cow to bring to the barn from down the road and then a silly first time mama cow that tried to smear her calf into the ground. We keep the first calf heifers by the house because of such weirdness . We got all that settled besides normal stuff and I went over to look for the clip. It wasn't there so I must have put it back on the chrome hub last time.
I do remember one of the rubber caps popping off back when on the '05 . I'm glad that you got a good answer from the K people though.
bordercollie