hood racks and seats for the bed

rzoommer

does anyone how much weight the hoodrakes will hold--- also has anyone installed rear seats --- if so did you use after markets seats or have you found some kind of seat that will fit in it --- thanks</P>

</P>

new menber 11/03/06 --- bdk</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum rzoomer.

The rear seats are aftermarket. Kubota wouldn't open themselves up to the liability of rear seating.

For the hood rack, the one made by Seizmik is rated at 200 pounds. I believe there's other companies that make them. Maybe Essex Mfg. www.essexmfg.com
I was going to get one myself but they don't work with most windshield setups.

I believe Essex does have/sell seats.

For my use (kids), I didn't want anything that sits up high nor anything that can't be put in or taken out in seconds. I ended up putting a piece of carpet in the bed then throwing a couple larger (maybe 4') lawn furniture cushions in there. It's worked perfectly. They can lean it up against the rail for a seat back, lay them down for beds (you know... those late-night bonfires) or just play with them (making tents or whatever). I will throw in the disclaimer that I don't promote the use of rear seats due to the dangers but I do use them with my kids. We go no more than a few hundred feet on level ground but they still enjoy riding back there.

G

I sell the one from Kart Accessories. I can't recall the weight ratting but I am sure its more than your realisticly going to fit on top of the rack. </P>

If your looking for a deal on one of these, email me. They have been a real slow mover for us and I'd let them go real cheap to move them. </P>

</P>