Cleaning the back window??

coobie

I have the full steel cab on my RTV 900.How do you get between the mesh screen and window to clean it?I live on the dirt road so it gets the window awful dusty at times,Thanks for any info.[:)]

G

Easier said than done. I've installed the steel cabs myself, its not easy to take off that glass. I'd consider cutting out the mesh. There is no reason it needs to be there. </P>

</P>

coobie

I was just thinking there had to be something out on the market that might be avaliable to get in betweenthe mesh screen and glass,maybe I am wrong.coobie [:O]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a cab [:(]

How much water can you spray on the back window (is there a place for it to drain)?

They have windex stuff in a bottle that connects to a garden hose for cleaning outside windows. Would something like that work?

If that's too much, would high-pressure air from a compressor shot through the screen onto the glass remove the dust? I understand it wouldn't give a good cleaning but it may blow off the dust build-up.

doggman

I'd consider cutting out the mesh. There is no reason it needs to be there. </P>

I think the mesh is there toprevent your arms or whatever from getting crushed or cut off when the bed raises or lowers. I'd think twice about removing it. </P>

</P>

coobie

[quote user="bczoom"]I don't have a cab [:(]

How much water can you spray on the back window (is there a place for it to drain)?

They have windex stuff in a bottle that connects to a garden hose for cleaning outside windows. Would something like that work?

If that's too much, would high-pressure air from a compressor shot through the screen onto the glass remove the dust? I understand it wouldn't give a good cleaning but it may blow off the dust build-up.
[/quote]Now that you mention air,maybe I could use the high power leaf blower I have to knock the dust down a little.My little head is thinking now,I just might have to invent something to clean the rear window,stay tuned.coobie[*]