The good with just a little improvement here or there.

Beagle

Just 2 cents worth of impression of RTVcompared to Kaw mule after owning one a couple of weeks now.</P>

Diesel engine:love it except it should be more HP, say 28 like theirZ28 zero turn mower.</P>

Hyd. transmission: great no problem shifting or with the breaking effect.</P>

Hyd dump bed: best thing for use on farm</P>

Power steering: how did we live without it.</P>

As long asone buys it and realizes it is a utility vehicle for work and not a play toy the best on the market. The Kaw mule was great compared to a 4-wheeler but theRTV is even better for general farm chores.</P>

Now a few design improvements would like to seeKubota make:1. move the ign. key location.2. a heavier dash plastic just to whimpy as is. 3. full gauges Volt-oil pressure-water temp-fuel-speedo standard on all models. 4. ROPS design with sweeps on front more like Kaw mule so they would keep limbs pushedoff windshield like the ones on the mule will. 5. Front drive shaft and carrier bearing just look to lightweightand need to be beefed up with better yokes and shafts and carrier bearing. Overall after about 21/2 weeks of use would have to say it is one fine work machine with some play mixed in.</P>

</P>

G

[quote user="Beagle"]

Just 2 cents worth of impression of RTVcompared to Kaw mule after owning one a couple of weeks now.</P>

Diesel engine:love it except it should be more HP, say 28 like theirZ28 zero turn mower.</P>

Hyd. transmission: great no problem shifting or with the breaking effect.</P>

Hyd dump bed: best thing for use on farm</P>

Power steering: how did we live without it.</P>

As long asone buys it and realizes it is a utility vehicle for work and not a play toy the best on the market. The Kaw mule was great compared to a 4-wheeler but theRTV is even better for general farm chores.</P>

Now a few design improvements would like to seeKubota make:1. move the ign. key location.2. a heavier dash plastic just to whimpy as is. 3. full gauges Volt-oil pressure-water temp-fuel-speedo standard on all models. 4. ROPS design with sweeps on front more like Kaw mule so they would keep limbs pushedoff windshield like the ones on the mule will. 5. Front drive shaft and carrier bearing just look to lightweightand need to be beefed up with better yokes and shafts and carrier bearing. Overall after about 21/2 weeks of use would have to say it is one fine work machine with some play mixed in.</P>

</P>[/quote]I agree on the gauges,and move ign key location.I have a few others,move the parking brake lever and add a glove box.I also had a 2002 kaw.3010 mule and loved it,it was problem free for the 4 years I owned it.My main complaint is mine still shifts hard even after 55 hours of use,hope it loosens up soon.I still love my RTV.[:D]coobie

labaherd

I have 80 plus hrs on mine and the shifting has gotten better. The big thing I learned from here was if it won't come out of gear hold your foot on the brake for a few seconds and then it comes out real easy Jon</P>

G

RTV's each really seem to have their own temperment. I've been happy impressed by how they break-in as the hours go by. I've been on a few brand new ones that feel very slugish, but the one that we drive around the shop now has about 40 hours on it and its really starting to get snappy. </P>