Guess what's sitting in my garage???

midwest

Hey guys, I got me a Camo rtv today and absolutely love it!!! I drove one yesterday, didn't get any sleep, and trailered one home today. I had found this site last night and the discussions had convinced me that I was making the right choice. I've been a long time Kubota owner,B2400, zd28 and now RTV900!! </P>

I'd like to jump in with my first question if I could.. When I am at low idle and start accellerating, the bed has an aweful rattling noise. Can this be fixed in any way, BTW--it is a manual dump and I do have both sides latched.[:cool:]</P>

</P>

Thanks,</P>

Midwest</P>

</P>

DRankin

Most likely it is the tailgate rattling against the top-bed corners. </P>

I fixed mine with a couple of those stick-on plastic gizmo's that you buy when your wife wants a glass covering over the coffee table. </P>

Stick one on each top corner of the bed so that the tailgate spreads the bed frame slightly when closed and I think the rattle will go away.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Midwest,</P>

Welcome to the forum.</P>

Congrats on your new "toy"!!!</P>

The tailgate rattle is a common problem. What DRankin posted works well or a little "bending/tweaking" will do it.</P>

What are your plans for it? Hunting, working...? Any plans on accessories?</P>

Brian</P>

midwest

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm going to try the rubber pieces first and hopefully that works. </P>

</P>

I plan on using it on my jobsites, I'm a small builder and it would help greatly for jobsite cleanup. I also live on three acres with creek running through my back yard. I had sold my sportsman 4 months ago and could not stand not being able to go riding with all my neighbors. I was also wondering how deep of water it could go through??[au]</P>

G

If you have a crew like mine don't get to attached to that RTV. If I take mine to have some fun all they do is complain. To them it is a necessary tool.</P>

Enjoy</P>

voyager</P>

</P>

Archdean

It sounds to me , that you are getting a harmonic vibration ! Recommend that you place a precut rubber truck bed mat in the box and loosen &realigne the rear screen and you might have to place an angle stiffener horizonataly accross the rear screen!!</P>

It is one of 3 parts that the dealer assembles!!</P>

Isn't this a ***! My spell checker disappeared!!</P>

midwest

Apparently it was my rear gate, I did some minor adjusting and she was nice and quiet!! I appreciate the help on that one. So far I have put her to work cleaning up a jobsite and the power pulling a trailer full of scrap lumber was amazing!!!! Today I got her stuck though, kindof disappointing. I was pulling a harrow around my back yard that we recently leveled out and got to close to the small creek. I had to turn around in the creek which is mostly dry with sand and rock. Needless to say, she didn't make it. It took 2 of my neighbors with polaris's with warn 2.5 winches to pull me out!! Oh well, they had fun doing it.

DRankin

So what exactly happened? Did you just bury it and run out of power?</P>

I assume you are running the ATV type tires that come with the Camo model?</P>

midwest

Oh ya, it was buried and high centered, when I do something I do it right!!![H] It was just a situation that I shouldn't have gotten myself into. It does have the stock camo tires, I guess they're the Atv ones, but I did notice that the thread is not very deep and can see why it does not get much traction. I do plan on getting different ones as soon as I can afford to do so.[:'(]

G

I had my dealer put on a set of tractor lug tire and wheels from the front of a "B" series kubota. $100 each. They work great. We now go places is 2 wheel that we used to go in 4X4.</P>

drive safe</P>

voyager</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
midwest,</P>

Once high-centered, you're in trouble regardless of tires as none are getting traction.</P>

Going back to how much water you can go through (forgot to answer that one). Well... I've found you can go through some really deep stuff. I was in mud up to the lower edge of the seat. I WON'T DO THAT AGAIN... It took several washings and several weeks to get all the rocks and mud out. The radiator got clogged, main belt knocked off... I had to remove all the belly guards to get rocks out. (It did take 2 ATV's with winches to get me out). As for water, if the current is slow or you don't go fast (both to avoid really high spots coming in), I would "think" you could go through some relatively deep water but I don't know if any damage could/would occur. I would avoid if the engine is hotas things like a spinning radiator fan, hot block and tranny aren't going to likethe water. How deep are you considering? (BTW, I try to avoid water more than about 1' deep).</P>

Brian</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Anonymous"]I had my dealer put on a set of tractor lug tire and wheels from the front of a "B" series kubota. $100 each. They work great. We now go places is 2 wheel that we used to go in 4X4.[/quote]</P>

Voyager,</P>

Which BX? I saw a pic of BX tires on a RTV (not sure if it was yours) and considered the same. The tires that looked like they would fit are the rear off a BX15 (24x12x12). There was a BX23 sitting next to the RTV in the local showroom and the Rear (26x12x12) looked way too big (wouldn't fit in wheel well). All the front tires I saw were in the 18x8.5x8 range which looked way too small.</P>

Brian</P>

DRankin

I have often thought the BX1500 rear tires would be a good fit on the RTV. The rims are 2 inches wider, it would be a very stable ride that's for sure! </P>

There would be some rolling resistance to consider, but I suspect they would be no worse than the HDWS tires and would certainly be better in mud.</P>

G

Sorry, no pictures. I don't know which model they came off of but they are 26X12 tire and rims. There have no problems with clearence. Great traction and stability. I had no qulams about the price for an extra set of tires and rims. When spring ends(our mud season) I will switch back to the old set.</P>

Voyager</P>

DRankin

The 26-12x12's are off the BX 2230/23.</P>

Wow. What a footprint!</P>

No touble with the power steering yanking those fatboys around?</P>

G

The crew is very happy and have had no problems! When I drive it it handles the same.</P>

Voyager</P>

G

I'd love to see some pictures of this somtime. I am curious what it looks like. </P>

midwest

Thanks for the answers BC. I used to own a polaris sportsman 600 and when all of us went creek riding through our subdivision, I was the one that tested the water, due to the sportsman's capabilities. I was just curious because I love being the guinea pig in some situations. It shows everyone else who the BOSS is[8o|]

G

i just go an RTV and took it toa mud hole about 4 to 5 feet deep it went fine untill my brother took it on the side</P>

and high-centered it the mud on one side was up past the seat and the other was almost off the ground.</P>

it took a tracter with a cum-along to get it out. needless to say it go's in the mud just not big RUTS </P>

ill have a pic later!</P>