Broken Headlight Bulb Problems/Warning

G

If you carry stuff under the hood like I do you better strap it down and/or protect the headlightbulb sockets from getting knocked loose.</P>

Noticed that my headlights wern't working and found both bulbs broken!!! Both sockets were hanging loose and the bulbs were rattling around loose in the plastic lamp housings. One broke off clean and the other must have hung onfor a while as it melted a spot in the socket hole. Don't know if it could cause a fire. Replaced the bulbs and taped them on the back of the housing with duct tape. WOrking on building a more secure liner for the under hood storage area. </P>

G

never really thought of that before, but it sure makes sense. I guess thats why they sell the tray for under the hood. </P>

</P>

G

Would get the tray but heard it wasn't any good. Tight duct tape seems to work.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, I carry my fence insulators and a group of emergency backup tools in two canvas tool bags under the hood. They stay dry and don't jiggle aroundbut I did spray a coat of waterproofer on them in case.It is a handy storage place in case I misplace my other tools out of the back toolbox.I also keep my speakers under there.I do wish they would group things like the brake fluid container into a better configuration so we would have more room though.I wish a chain saw would fit there!! 1,165 hrs and counting. Thanks, Bordercollie[&]