Soucy VS Camoplast T4S

Dmaxxin

Hey Guys, its been a while since I've been on here. I did search, it seems the Camoplast tracks are more popular, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Soucy tracks?

I scored a set pretty reasonable and have yet to install them. Long story short I can now get the Camoplast at wholesale pricing and am eligible to get a demo set cheaper yet. I was considering selling the Soucy and getting the camoplasts. The Soucy are definitely a more robust product, but thats also added weight. Does anyone have any experience with the Soucys? You tube videos are pretty scant as well.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not too much. Where you are in upstate NY, they may be justifiable but not too many other places. I'm in W. PA and we don't get nearly the snow. Not sure how any RTV tracks act on very hilly terrain. Out west, some may use them but once you get over 5-6000' of altitude, the RTV is already starting to struggle for engine performance.

Dmaxxin

The snow definitely gets deep here. Average snowfall where I'm at is around 130" a year. I usually snowmobile from the house and in the past I've parked the snowmobile clubs groomer at the house. I'm just shy of the tug hill plateau and about 15-20 miles from the southwest corner of the Adironadack park. I would bet my machine will never see any elevations in excess of 2500'

I ordered the Camsos today. I'll just try both and sell which ever ones i don't like. I guess hopefully by mid winter I'll have logged some hours on both sets of tracks. :letitsnow:

Hopefully I can get some truck parts sold and order up a turbo kit as well before the snow flies.