Where's Neil? ........... World’s Largest Tractor Auction!

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
He's probably down there somewhere .............

World’s Largest Tractor Auction!

Davenport, Fla. - There's so much iron and metal that it's too much for the eye to take in all at once - actually it's impossible. We see front loaders, bulldozers, cherry pickers and dump-trucks. There are water trucks and sky-high cranes with arms that have been extended to look even bigger. They resemble the "daddy long leg" spiders I used to catch as a kid.

The first thing I notice right away are all the baseball caps. Most look old and worn. My guess is it's probably favorite headgear. Frayed edges, some stained - and I'm pretty sure these folks don't care.

There's more than 3,500 people here at what's been dubbed the world's largest auction of industrial equipment in Davenport, Fla. Ritchie Brothers owns this 200-acre tract, and today there are close to 6,000 different pieces of heavy machinery up for auction.

Bidders from 75 different countries are represented here. We're told most of this equipment comes from across the U.S., from companies and private owners who think it's time to unload.