RTV x1100 Tranny Adjustment

dtreid

So I have two x1100 at my place right now.

With one, when it is pushed hard the tranny is very positive and will really bogg the engine down.

With the other, it does not bog down much going up hills etc, just slows down speed wise.

Anyone know what the adjustment would be on the tranny to make them behave differently from eathother?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like it may be the linkage or whatever that determines when the aux pump is engaged.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
yes the the tranny needs adjusted but don't mess with the releif valves. you need to get the peddle the cam the HVT speed lever and the throttle lever in spec.

i can help you through this simple procedure if you want. are you mechanically inclined? are you familiar with the linkage system? do you know where the HVT speed lever is? do you know where the throttle control lever is on the governor? take a look at the cam on top that links it all together. move everything back and forth get real familiar with it all and let me know if you think you are up to the task.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I've had these things in pieces and back together before. Let me know your procedure. Thanks.

ok lets get started. first thing it to take the control rod loose from the HST speed lever also take the control cable loose from the governor lever. loosen and completely screw the foot peddle stop all the way to the floor. next make sure the bellcrank is in it's detent. with your hand push the peddle all the way down until it meets it max travel and then adjust the peddle stop screw up until it just touches the peddle. now with the peddle held down to the stop adjust the HST speed control rod out until the lever is at it's max and then come back off of the stop just a hair. next with the peddle all the way against the stop adjust the throttle cable on the governor control until the lever is touching the max speed limit screw. cycle the controls a few times and recheck. make sure when the machine is at rest with nothing on the peddle that the bellcank returns to it's detent.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc
can we make this a sticky????
I didn't make it a sticky but did add it to our Sticky thread "Index to some popular / useful RTV threads"

We ran into problems and got complaints about too many "sticky" threads. When you came into this forum section, the whole first page was "sticky" threads so you had to go to the next page to find new threads/posts.

10-e-c-dirt

Is this what you are looking for?

1. take the four bolts out of the rear plate that protects the filters.
this plate is just above the hitch. look to your left and
you will see the HVT speed lever attached to a heim joint and rod leading up at an angle.
remove the bolt attaching the rod and heim joint to the lever.
2. raise the bed without starting the machine by placing the lift lever
in float and raising by hand and secure with the safety.
3.find the throttle cable attached to the governor arm of the injection pump.
loosen the jamb nut and unscrew the cable from the heim joint.
4.on the floor of the cab under the foot peddle there is a bolt that restricts travel of the peddle.
this is the peddle stop screw. loosen the jamb nut and turn the bolt in a long way so it is out of the way.
5.push down on the peddle until the full travel of the peddle bottoms out.
adjust the stop screw up until the stop screw hits the bottom of the peddle just before it bottoms out.
have someone hold the peddle against the stop and go to step 6
6.go to the back of the machine and look at the HVT speed lever.
compare the rod length to the lever travel and adjust the heim joint by
loosening the jamb nut and turning the heim out until the HST speed lever is at full travel
less just a little bit. "never run against the stop".
7.tighten the bolt holding the heim joint to the HST speed lever and tighten the
jamb nut on the control rod.
8.let the peddle go back to the idle position. reattach the throttle cable to its
heim joint and turn in until the cable tightens and then adjust it back a little
so the cable isn't tight. you want the throttle stop on the governor control lever
to rest on the stop and not be held by the cable. tighten the jamb nut on the throttle control cable.
9. push the peddle down against the stop and have someone hold it there for you.
look at the throttle control cable again but now it should be at max travel and the
throttle control arm should be against the max revolution stop.
10. check everything by cycling the foot peddle and making sure the HVT speed lever
is at full travel at the same time the governor lever on the injection pump hits the
high limit stop. if the governor control cable hits the stop before the HVT speed lever
can make full travel then adjust the Throttle cable a little looser until the HVT speed
lever is at full travel without putting to much tension on the throttle control cable.
they both should hit max at the same time.

11.reassemble the rear plate put down the bed start your engine and enjoy.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Is this what you are looking for?

1. take the four bolts out of the rear plate that protects the filters.
this plate is just above the hitch. look to your left and
you will see the HVT speed lever attached to a heim joint and rod leading up at an angle.
remove the bolt attaching the rod and heim joint to the lever.
2. raise the bed without starting the machine by placing the lift lever
in float and raising by hand and secure with the safety.
3.find the throttle cable attached to the governor arm of the injection pump.
loosen the jamb nut and unscrew the cable from the heim joint.
4.on the floor of the cab under the foot peddle there is a bolt that restricts travel of the peddle.
this is the peddle stop screw. loosen the jamb nut and turn the bolt in a long way so it is out of the way.
5.push down on the peddle until the full travel of the peddle bottoms out.
adjust the stop screw up until the stop screw hits the bottom of the peddle just before it bottoms out.
have someone hold the peddle against the stop and go to step 6
6.go to the back of the machine and look at the HVT speed lever.
compare the rod length to the lever travel and adjust the heim joint by
loosening the jamb nut and turning the heim out until the HST speed lever is at full travel
less just a little bit. "never run against the stop".
7.tighten the bolt holding the heim joint to the HST speed lever and tighten the
jamb nut on the control rod.
8.let the peddle go back to the idle position. reattach the throttle cable to its
heim joint and turn in until the cable tightens and then adjust it back a little
so the cable isn't tight. you want the throttle stop on the governor control lever
to rest on the stop and not be held by the cable. tighten the jamb nut on the throttle control cable.
9. push the peddle down against the stop and have someone hold it there for you.
look at the throttle control cable again but now it should be at max travel and the
throttle control arm should be against the max revolution stop.
10. check everything by cycling the foot peddle and making sure the HVT speed lever
is at full travel at the same time the governor lever on the injection pump hits the
high limit stop. if the governor control cable hits the stop before the HVT speed lever
can make full travel then adjust the Throttle cable a little looser until the HVT speed
lever is at full travel without putting to much tension on the throttle control cable.
they both should hit max at the same time.

11.reassemble the rear plate put down the bed start your engine and enjoy.

:clap::boom:

dtreid

I checked out both of my machines.
I'm getting full travel on the hst lever and the throttle cable.

I can get 29 mph out of it with the wheels off the ground.

With one machine on the road it slows down quite a bit climbing hills with not much drop in engine rpm.
With the other machine I can just about kill the engine climbing hills.

Is there a hst servo adjustment to account for the difference? Both have new hst oil and filters.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the function of the servo doesn't affect what you describe. could be a leaking swash plate in the pump,could be wrong type of oil in the HST? could be engine related also. check max governed RPM adjust valves. could be the high pressure relief valve needs adjusted. i would confirm the max rpm and if it is in spec i would put gauges on the hst and check the relief valve setting. could be low charge pressure also. check that before you fool with the HP relief valve. are the filters oem Kubota? is the oil Super H from Kubota

dtreid

I set the valves. Weren't out too much. Changed the hyd tank oil with new kubota filters and udt premium oil.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
check the charge pressure and if it is in spec then on to the high pressure relief.

as a side note i remember in the older model there was a problem with a suction hose i think near the filter housing that would collapse internally and caused many headaches until discovered. might want to look there too

When you changed the transmission oil did you add the fluid to the hydraulic tank reservoir under the passenger seat? My friends was acting similiar and didn't realize there was another reservoir under the seat which was low.

dtreid

I changed and refilled that tank under the seat. Thix rtv acts like the others I've had, slowing down up hills by maintaining engine rpm. The other one is the odd one out that will practically kill the engine when climbing a hill.

Guess I'm not sure what one is operating as designed...

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i think slowing on hills is more common. i also think that there is a wide margin of adjustment on these machines. until we get some real numbers from gauges to compare we will just have to guess. i would bet the machine that will pull the engine down has a more robust setting on the HPRV. just guessing????