Steep Grades?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought my RTV 1140 from the family that bought it new, and they had a farm. They gave me all their paperwork and no certificate of title was included. They bought from the same dealer I use. All Power Sports in Athens.

I have not attempted to title either RTV I have owned. When I sold the 06 RTV900, the buyer was from WV, he was glad I didn't have a title. A title just means we have to pay tax to get the title switched from one name to another. It does verify ownership also, but I prefer not to pay tax if I can legally avoid it.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I had the same experience pawpaw. I think we went to the same dealer though maybe a different location. I bought mine at Green and Sons on i71, seems like I saw one of their stickers on a picture of your buggy but maybe not.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I sold an rtv a couple of years ago to an individual from Illinois who wanted a title. I called my dealer and they got me an mso to give him.

Is this steep or is yours steeper? I know everybody likes pics. This is the reason I need the hand throttle and the grim reapers. I sit in a hole the only other way out is the county road and I don't like using it since it's not registered.

Attachments

• hill2.jpg
    hill2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 75

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
The Olympic downhill skiing was a good example, the slopes looked like bunny hills but I can guarantee if you were strapped in your knees would be knocking!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My hills are pretty steep. Going straight back 1000' will go up in elevation 300'. The only way straight up is on foot and I've only seen a couple people do it (they were both in their teens and strong athletes).

I had to cut trails to traverse it. Even cutting back and forth to get up the hill, I have to remain in Low range, hand throttle engaged and in spots, 4WD and/or diff-lock are required.

Here's a couple pics. In the 2nd pic, that's the entrance trail. In the first 60' of the trail, you've gone up about 20' of elevation. This isn't even the steep part.

Attachments

• CIMG7702.jpg
    CIMG7702.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 63
  • MVC-672S.jpg
    MVC-672S.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 62

ItBmine

Well this is the only pic I took at my dealer where you can see hills, but the road keeps rising and with me, the wife and my son in the cab with the AC on it climbed in high range no trouble at all. The engine did change sound but that was all I noticed.

And we drove up and down all the rises on the lawns in low range and some were steep enough to scare me thinking it was going to flip over backwards.

And the build quality is worlds better than any of my three Polaris's.

Attachments

• 052 (Large).jpg
    052 (Large).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 45

Lee1935

Well this is the only pic I took at my dealer where you can see hills, but the road keeps rising and with me, the wife and my son in the cab with the AC on it climbed in high range no trouble at all. The engine did change sound but that was all I noticed.

And we drove up and down all the rises on the lawns in low range and some were steep enough to scare me thinking it was going to flip over backwards.

And the build quality is worlds better than any of my three Polaris's.

when the front tires start to rise that's when you hang a few sandbags on the front bumper:pat: