BX 2230 block heater install ( 1 )

1kubota

Finally got my block heater. Kubota part # 70000-00771. I posted part of the install pictures in this message. Will post the remainder in ( 2 ) and ( 3 ) post. I couldn't upload all in one post.
I used NAPA part # 765-1149 Sleeve Retainer , Permatex # 64000 , to help hold heater in place. Instructions recommends using Loctite, I thought Sleeve Retainer would be just as good or better. I think the pictures should be self explanatory so I won't go into detail of install. I haven't decided if I'm going hang the cord out below the side panel or come out between the side panel and hood. The heater works Great. I haven't replaced the side panel assembly yet.

Larry
Northern, In

Attachments

• resized_IMG_3609.jpg
    resized_IMG_3609.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 58
  • resized_IMG_3610.jpg
    resized_IMG_3610.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 55
  • resized_IMG_3611.jpg
    resized_IMG_3611.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 54
  • resized_IMG_3612.jpg
    resized_IMG_3612.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 54
  • resized_IMG_3613.jpg
    resized_IMG_3613.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 52
  • resized_IMG_3614.jpg
    resized_IMG_3614.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 52
  • resized_IMG_3615.jpg
    resized_IMG_3615.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 51
  • resized_IMG_3616.jpg
    resized_IMG_3616.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

1kubota

Block heater question

Now that I have the block heater installed. Does anyone know if left plugged in will it keep heating to hot or boiling or do the heaters have a certain heating temp? Nothing in the instructions about this.

Thanks
Larry

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We leave our big tractors (JD) and skid steer plugged in all night when it is cold. The things do burn out over years but should still have a long life . I had one go out after 3 years of use but that was just on one tractor. - I always put an empty water bottle or piece of rag in the door so I will remember to unplug it before cranking. collie

1kubota

Collie Thanks,
I had mine plugged in for about 4hrs. had a temp gauge against the head, it read a little over 100 degrees F.
Larry

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Your are sure welcomed. :) I am glad that everything is plugged in here because it is ice and snow all over the ground. The engines don't rattle nearly as much when they are cranked warm but the hard thing is waiting for the oil to warm up just a bit -in the transmission- we use our equipment to feed the cows- in the winter.

Attachments

• 0212151533.jpg
    0212151533.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 34

Kanook

The block heaters that I have had will not over heat the coolant (unless plugged in in the summer heat...but why would I do that). On occasion I have plugged one in the night before if it is very cold an d I know I will be using the tractor early in the morning, but usually a couple hours is sufficient. Good idea Collie...I have on more that one occasion driven off with the heater still plugged in...Good pics there 1K.

1kubota

Collie, How many head? Dairy? Beef? Looks like you run a good sized farm. Is that ground feed or hay mixture of some kind. What is the weather like in your area?

Larry
Northern,In

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Larry. Just in from feeding. The ice is starting to melt thankfully- the troughs had a good bit in the bottom of em though ..a small amount of limbs are down but not as bad as previous ice storms.. roads are ok etc and we have power.
My B-I -L works in town-( retiring in Dec) and so my sis and I do much of the feeding etc when he is at work.. We all worked with the registered cows, at the barn last night till 9 pm trying to beat this weather . Started out with a T shirt and had a coat on before the evening was up. It got cold quick. We have about 120 registered angus mama cows that we AI (time consuming keeping the patches on) and 40 registered angus bulls we grow out every year. We have about 60 commercial cows as well. We feed our cows a mix of dried distillers grain, crushed corn,gin mote and the minerals. I also add a bale and a half of square hay per load. I can get 4,770 lbs on this wagon. We undated our other feed wagon to one just like this one.. The bulls have a hotter mix with more protein to help them put on weight and if we ever have to feed cotton seed, that is a no no for bulls so they have their own wagon...
I put 4000 lbs on that feed wagon and it will last a few days . The cow wagon has to be loaded a couple of times to finish the day. We have a dedicated tractor for each and a skid steer I use to load the wagons with.. I need to go and plug that thing in...gotta be really cold tonight. I just came home to warm my feet...... and get a snack. :yum: collie

1kubota

Hey Larry. Just in from feeding. The ice is starting to melt thankfully- the troughs had a good bit in the bottom of em though ..a small amount of limbs are down but not as bad as previous ice storms.. roads are ok etc and we have power.
My B-I -L works in town-( retiring in Dec) and so my sis and I do much of the feeding etc when he is at work.. We all worked with the registered cows, at the barn last night till 9 pm trying to beat this weather . Started out with a T shirt and had a coat on before the evening was up. It got cold quick. We have about 120 registered angus mama cows that we AI (time consuming keeping the patches on) and 40 registered angus bulls we grow out every year. We have about 60 commercial cows as well. We feed our cows a mix of dried distillers grain, crushed corn,gin mote and the minerals. I also add a bale and a half of square hay per load. I can get 4,770 lbs on this wagon. We undated our other feed wagon to one just like this one.. The bulls have a hotter mix with more protein to help them put on weight and if we ever have to feed cotton seed, that is a no no for bulls so they have their own wagon...
I put 4000 lbs on that feed wagon and it will last a few days . The cow wagon has to be loaded a couple of times to finish the day. We have a dedicated tractor for each and a skid steer I use to load the wagons with.. I need to go and plug that thing in...gotta be really cold tonight. I just came home to warm my feet...... and get a snack. :yum: collie

Collie, I responded to your email.
Larry