Just pulled down YM1510 D engine - arghh!

jegssr

Needs rings, bearings, gaskets, possibly pistons. Had topped up the oil, then worked it for two days moving a burn pile. The next day it wouldn't start. Low compression. I blamed an inadequate air filtration system, but it was almost out of oil! Don't know how that happened in tow days. there are no leaks. Where can I get rings, pistons, gaskets, bearings for my 3 cylinder? Is there a John Deere model whose parts I can substitute?

lens12

I can supply you with parts. It is a lot easier getting Yanmar parts from a Yanmar parts supplier, than trying to figure out if you are getting the correct parts from JD.

jegssr

Thanks Leonard. I need pistons, rings, bearings, and gaskets. Have you put together a rebuild kit?
I can supply you with parts. It is a lot easier getting Yanmar parts from a Yanmar parts supplier, than trying to figure out if you are getting the correct parts from JD.

Mark777

Congratulations jegssr!!

Now you've got a Yanmar that will last another 25 years.

Did you get the parts from Len??

Mark

Mark777

VERY!!

Reversing the rears will noticeably increase stability and provide better clearance for your 3PH lower lift arms and sway chains.

jegssr

I'll have to replace a four foot gate with a six foot gate between pastures, but that's a small price to pay for those advantages! I'm tired of dropping the bucket when the little bugger starts tipping on me!
VERY!!

Reversing the rears will noticeably increase stability and provide better clearance for your 3PH lower lift arms and sway chains.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats jegssr. Glad to hear you got er back working.
Did you happen to take any pics of the process to share with your buddies here on Net Tractor talk?