Yanmar Green - Color match

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yanmar used a weird pale green up through the mid-70's on their domestic tractors, then went to red.

At the time Yanmar was active in the US running their own tractor dealerships here. The models Yanmar built for the US continued green through about 1982, I think switching to red as they introduced 3-cylinder models.

I've never seen a close color match for my green Yanmar. It's a US model about 1980-81 and a twin to the Japan-market YM2000 that went to red around 1976.

Finally over on ForumsForums (Doc's other site, a place for general discussions, politics, vehicles and snowcats, and a lot of etc) I saw a similar color on a jeep and inquired of the owner:
Cali, it's an old Dodge color called Sublime Green.
I remember that on the compacts (Dart, Cricket??) and maybe Charger also. It's slightly lighter but the closest match I've seen. Our elderly Yanmars are about halfway between that green and the slightly darker green on 70's VW buses. Here's the thread with the green Jeep.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good info Chris, and thanks for the plug for Forums Forums.
While NTT is all about tractors, Forums Forums is all about everything. It's an Off Topic Forum so you can't go wrong. We have it all, or at least we try.
Stop by and join up if you haven't already.

Thanks!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
As I noted in a post I can't find right now, Yanmar's lime green is a near match to some American earthmoving equipment of the 1970's.

This is a Euclid TC-12. 21 ft blade, 35 tons, 400+ horsepower; twin GMC 6-71 Detroit Diesels. Each powered one side, and the thing could literally turn in its own tracks with one side drive forward while the other side reversed. An amazing machine.

Described at http://home.gwi.net/~dclough/euclid.html

euc53.jpg

Mark777

Boy, that does look close.

Out of all the tractor paint codes I have access to....none list any formula for the Yanmar green.

Mark

DJM

Yanmar green

I found a close match at NAPA, but will have to check my paint supply to give you the number.