New disc mower needed, Krone, or Kuhn?

Marshall

We currently have a Kuhn GMD 700 I believe, it is a 9' + disc mower. We are going to add another mower to the equipment.

My father stands by the Kuhn we have, but doesn't want to spend alot of money on a second mower. The Kuhn was purchased new in 2001, so this is its tenth grass season. It has been a good mower and I am sure it will give several more years of great service, however, it likes to streek up the field and not cut an even edge across the 9 ft. bar.

My father wants to get a knock off brand mower from our local hardware, farm and garden shop that is abour 5K. I have heard this mower doesn't withstand real work and is quick to wear out if you are not just a hobby farmer.

I am more interested in getting a higher quality mower, like the Kuhn we already have, but I have looked at the Krone website and it has gotten my attention.

What are some opinions on the Krone vs. the Kuhn mover?

The new mower would be attached to a new JD 5085M that should be delivered this week.

Thanks for the replies.

Marshall

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on the new JD Marshall.
I sure agree with you, in that it's worth paying a little more for quality rather than dealing with the aggravation of a cheap mower. While I am definitely a hobby farmer, and use a Scag ZTR for all my mowing I can attest to the beating a mower gets with constant use. I've had to go cheap at times and hated the troubles I cause myself because of it.

Sorry I cannot comment on the two brands you are interested in, but I've never eve seen mowers by those folks. :hide: