Turbo

Rogerwh0

So I have been wanting a turbo on my 1100. I live at 5800ft and it really struggled. Kubota offers the 1105 with a turbo so I knew it could handle the pressure. However, I thought the SWAG kit was WAY overpriced. I started doing as much research as possible/necessary to see what I needed. I have an employee that does turbo additions on automotive applications so I was not totally blind to the process.
I was really worried to get the correct turbo so I broke down and purchased one from the guys that make them for SWAG. They charged me $800 for the turbo. It is just a KP35. They sell for about $200 on eBay. Once I had the turbo I started to make paper cut outs of the turbo flanges that I traced and cut out of 1/4 inch plate. I ordered a few 1 1/2 turbo silicone pipes to make all the connections. I bought the fitting from kubota that they drain the oil return into rather than pull the oil pan. Turns out it is the dipstick hole for a different application for the motor. That saved me about 4 hours and if it works for Kubota I thought it was a much better way to do it. I had to have one pipe bent at a 90 to mount the turbo to the exhaust manifold. In a few hours of welding the new exhaust and flanges to the hose nipples It was done and running! I had spent nearly a month of home work getting all the hoses and fitting together so I didn't have any surprises during fabrication and install. So, long story short I have never been happier! It Runs fantastic now. Actually has some throttle response and will gain speed up a minor incline. Now that I know what I do, I could have done this for less than $450 and a few hours labor! I am going to do some additional piping changes for appearance

Attachments

• IMG_5047.jpg
    IMG_5047.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_5051.jpg
    IMG_5051.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_5056.jpg
    IMG_5056.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_5058.jpg
    IMG_5058.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 483

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So how long is the waiting list????????????................An address and phone number?....A web page/link..........come on BUD............lots of folks are sitting here drooling.........God bless.....Dennis

Rogerwh0

I have not adjusted the fuel. I might change that around tonight. At my elevation I was not as concerned about additional fuel. I am assuming that the turbo is basically correction the ratio.

Rogerwh0

The easiest instructions I can find are on the SWAG turbo install instructions. Looks very easy I have the instructions saved as a PDF.

Rogerwh0

Made a huge difference all the way across. Felt like it would smoke the tires. Fuel consumption will probably suffer. I will try and get a video. I have the wheels off getting new tires. So, it may be tomorrow.

Rogerwh0

I sure wish!! Those were the good days! I have been looking for a deal on tires and finally came across some. So just as well do it so I have a spare set if I get carried away while building fence

10-e-c-dirt

Wonder how much HP & Torque you're putting out, What is the max torque rating of the Trans-Axel???
I would not mind a little more power, but I don't think I need turbo power, Does anyone make headers for the RTV?? Free Flow exhaust. Free Flow intake..

Just Wonderin?

OrangeBuggy

Looks like you did a good job, nice. Am glad to read that it truly makes a real difference. I've talked to my dealer about installing a turbo on my x1100 and am going to do it. After a trip to Red River NM. going from 9700ft. to 13,000ft. it needs it. That puppy smoked like an old coal train. But I well say this for the buggy, it well definitely climb some darn steep hills. As bad as it was running it made it up. The group we were with go twice a year so it well be ready the next trip.

Rogerwh0

I really like the results that I achieved. I would guess that I am getting maybe 30 HP? I have no worries about the transmission. I have had personal dealing with about 20 Kubota products and have not heard of one failure. I may add a cooler to keep the trans fluid from getting overly hot would be my only concern. I am not sure if my assumptions are right but so far so good!

Would you mind giving me the part name or number for the part you bought to drain the oil into and where you bought your Turbo. Exactly which Turbo would also be helpful.

Thanks

Scott1066

You wouldn't happen to have the serial number on that turbo for your rtv would you? I was going to get one on ebay but wasn't for sure witch kp35 I need!!

Thanks, Scott!!

Rogerwh0

I am not sure the serial number? I can try to get it but they should all be the same turbo. They fit about a 1.4L engine.
Part Number 4183604 - Jacobsen - ASSY PIPE,OIL This is the oil return pipe I used. It is the dipstick tube and works great for the return. Kubota uses this port for the return line the Turbo model of this engine.