2016 RTV X1100C or Honda Pioneer 1000?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Has anyone ever looked at the Bobcat brand ? The more expensive models have a front pto- (that is my understanding anyway) but are very expensive. The mid sized models with a HST only, are around 16,000. When I get another Utility vehicle, the Bobcat will be on my radar. I am not at all interested in a belt drive- had one of those when I first started out in 2001.(Kawasaki Mule) collie

ovrszd

Yeah, I agree about the belt drive. I've got a Rhino. I've spent close to $1000 over the past 5 years replacing and rebuilding the drive system.

I've been looking at the Toolcat on their website. I don't need the 5xxx series but the 3xxx series looks good. I don't have a dealership anywhere near me so will have to look one up the next time I'm city bound.

symphony

I believe that the Bobcat 3600 series is a rebadged Polaris Brutus HD PTO.

IMHO the fit and finish on the Polaris/Bobcat does not compare to the RTV.

The Toolcat 5600 series on the other hand is a beast and weighs over 4000 lbs and has a price tag to match.

Art454

Great to Speculate huh?

Imo they will use hyd. like they did for the Curtis Blade setup...just for up and down and chute and then just put a engine on for the snowthrower .

Either way a bobcat may be cheaper in the end.....lol

Why I was looking at the B2650 with cab and snowthrower and mower deck and a few extras.....and that was like near 34 grand.
I priced the glass on the B2650....You get a shock there and with so much glass on that cab is scary. And its not even safety glass at that.
Like the doors are all glass no steal frame for the glass to sit in.
I really like the Tractor just have to win the lottery is all....lmao

They would give me 14,000 for my 2008 or 9...forgot which year now with blizzard blade on it with about 180 hours on it now.

I just can't see paying on 20 grand for 3 or 6 years.

Things like this are getting out of my price range today.

symphony

More details on the front PTO:

For the first time in 2016, Kubota is offering a front-PTO connection on its RTV-X1100C. Implements can hook up to the PTO in seconds by simply flipping the PTO lever.

The PTO is gearbox driven, for added durability and precision. The complete system can be removed in less than an hour if you’d like to use your machine without an implement.

An ergonomic control handle can be installed on the left- or right-hand side of the steering wheel. A blue LED indicator confirms the floating action of the hitch for immediate use. This light is activated when both the trigger and blue colored button are pressed simultaneously.

The PTO switch has a double action intuitive control, similar to what is used on tractors, and an operator presence cutoff switch is standard.

Kubota will offer four attachments for 2016:

•A 66-inch snowblower with a standard hydraulic chute rotation and deflector.

•A 66-inch sweeper that turns at more than 240 rpm.

•A 78-inch v-plow that will accommodate the full width of the RTV.

•A 78-inch straight blade.

ovrszd

I believe that the Bobcat 3600 series is a rebadged Polaris Brutus HD PTO.

IMHO the fit and finish on the Polaris/Bobcat does not compare to the RTV.

The Toolcat 5600 series on the other hand is a beast and weighs over 4000 lbs and has a price tag to match.

Oh, I'm out. Don't want anything to do with Polaris. They had their heart in the right place but have outgrown themselves. Still building chassis like they always did and have doubled HP. Recipe for failure.

Yep, the 5xxx series are in a world of their own. :)

Art454

More details on the front PTO:

For the first time in 2016, Kubota is offering a front-PTO connection on its RTV-X1100C. Implements can hook up to the PTO in seconds by simply flipping the PTO lever.

The PTO is gearbox driven, for added durability and precision. The complete system can be removed in less than an hour if you’d like to use your machine without an implement.

An ergonomic control handle can be installed on the left- or right-hand side of the steering wheel. A blue LED indicator confirms the floating action of the hitch for immediate use. This light is activated when both the trigger and blue colored button are pressed simultaneously.

The PTO switch has a double action intuitive control, similar to what is used on tractors, and an operator presence cutoff switch is standard.

Kubota will offer four attachments for 2016:

•A 66-inch snowblower with a standard hydraulic chute rotation and deflector.

•A 66-inch sweeper that turns at more than 240 rpm.

•A 78-inch v-plow that will accommodate the full width of the RTV.

•A 78-inch straight blade.

So you get full speed at idle for the snowblower? The 1100 still has a gas peddle right?

ovrszd

So you get full speed at idle for the snowblower? The 1100 still has a gas peddle right?

I don't even have one and I can answer this question.

No full speed at idle. When using an RTV with attachments it will be critical that the engine is operated at governed speed at all times.

So when using a PTO driven snow blower you will use the Hand Throttle to maintain governed speed.

That's a logical assumption on my part. Willing to listen to alternative thoughts. :)

Art454

I don't even have one and I can answer this question.

No full speed at idle. When using an RTV with attachments it will be critical that the engine is operated at governed speed at all times.

So when using a PTO driven snow blower you will use the Hand Throttle to maintain governed speed.

That's a logical assumption on my part. Willing to listen to alternative thoughts. :)

You need full speed in snow...the deeper the snow the slower you have to go.
Just like a walk behind....sometimes u can move just a bit forward while engine a full throttle in deep snow just to get threw it.
Seems like to me the new x1000 rtv would need this feature...full throttle then move forward....why I said it needs to be like tractor line....Full throttle then press the pedal to go forward and depends on the depth of the snow on how fast you can go forward.
I guess I just don't no how they gona do it without a new type of tranny setup as they have now. Only way I know is if they give you a throttle control wide open before you move.

Wild Bill

I'm not sure how they will work the throttle. They have to have it figured out.

I was reading a thread on another forum a week or so ago. People were asking about the front PTO. A dealer chimed in and said that between the hitch and the snow blower you were looking at $7000

Sure would be nice but that is pricey!

Perfect for commercial outfits doing sidewalks, college campuses, etc.

Art454

I'm not sure how they will work the throttle. They have to have it figured out.

I was reading a thread on another forum a week or so ago. People were asking about the front PTO. A dealer chimed in and said that between the hitch and the snow blower you were looking at $7000

Sure would be nice but that is pricey!

Perfect for commercial outfits doing sidewalks, college campuses, etc.

I figured it would not be cheap.
Probably better to stay away from the first year run to

ovrszd

You need full speed in snow...the deeper the snow the slower you have to go.
Just like a walk behind....sometimes u can move just a bit forward while engine a full throttle in deep snow just to get threw it.
Seems like to me the new x1000 rtv would need this feature...full throttle then move forward....why I said it needs to be like tractor line....Full throttle then press the pedal to go forward and depends on the depth of the snow on how fast you can go forward.
I guess I just don't no how they gona do it without a new type of tranny setup as they have now. Only way I know is if they give you a throttle control wide open before you move.

My 2008 RTV900 with Hand Throttle acts just like an HST tractor. Governed engine speed with the Hand Throttle. Machine doesn't move until foot pedal is depressed. More pedal, more speed. Less pedal, less speed. Movement stops when foot pedal is completely released.

When operating on steep timber terrain with my RTV I preset the engine rpm at approximately 2/3 speed with the Hand Throttle. Then I control ground speed with the foot pedal. Keeps the engine and HVT in it's most powerful torque range. Same would apply if using attachments.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would hope they would start installing a tachometer so you could set/monitor RPM's if you're using the PTO. Whenever I run a PTO implement on the tractor, that's always the first thing I'm looking at before operating.

ovrszd

If you've ever been around a Kubota HST+ tractor it would be easier to understand. With "Auto Throttle" engaged on an HST+ tractor the foot treddle functions exactly like the RTV. More pedal equals more engine rpm and vehicle movement. Less pedal equals less reaction.

I don't like it and never use it on my Brother's tractor. He swears by it. Then he questions how I seem to get more useable power out of his tractor when I'm running it. I gave up trying to educate him. :)

ovrszd

I would hope they would start installing a tachometer so you could set/monitor RPM's if you're using the PTO. Whenever I run a PTO implement on the tractor, that's always the first thing I'm looking at before operating.

I totally agree. For my uses I don't need a speedometer. I'd prefer a Tach.

I'm certain that Richard is correct...because we have a new MX5800 HST tractor (pictured with my lovely wife running it) and it has a lo/med/high range. You set the throttle where you want it...then just push the "foot peddle" how ever fast you want to go while the rpm's stay wherever you left the hand throttle. She and my son love this setup...but the tractor is a bit small for what we do. This would work on the Rtv well as long as you have a tachometer (like mentioned above) in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 126

ovrszd

but the tractor is a bit small for what we do.

Yep, I'd agree your tractor is on the small side. But with careful operation it appears to work fine. My hay ground is on rather steep hillsides. Would be a challenge there.

Great photo. For delicate work I think women tend to make better operators. Men get in a hurry and try to power our way thru. I imagine she is very smooth in her operations.

Richard,
She is a pretty good driver...but doesn't like driving the larger tractors we have...claims it is too hard to see and doesn't turn sharp enough. We have two of these nine bale trailers that you load from the back....when you get to the last bale...and have to slide 8 bales...that little tractor has to be in 4wd and revved up!

Back to the Honda pioneer......could you put 60 fence post in that plastic bed like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 104

Art454

My 2008 RTV900 with Hand Throttle acts just like an HST tractor. Governed engine speed with the Hand Throttle. Machine doesn't move until foot pedal is depressed. More pedal, more speed. Less pedal, less speed. Movement stops when foot pedal is completely released.

When operating on steep timber terrain with my RTV I preset the engine rpm at approximately 2/3 speed with the Hand Throttle. Then I control ground speed with the foot pedal. Keeps the engine and HVT in it's most powerful torque range. Same would apply if using attachments.

Why I said you need a throttle control so you can use any rpm you want.
I would think they would have to do some slight modification to the tranny for longevity.
IMO they should have had a throttle control when they first made this machine like the tractor line...other than of them making it like a car.
Still be interesting what they come up with.
Probably still be outa my price line.
The Bobcat and this new Kubota I would bet would be pretty close in price when all said and done.