~~~~ who ?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
~~~~ who ?

Someone here posted that they installed a Marine Battery box under the hood. Like to know who it was and how he did it. Some pics would help. Did you have to cut the plastic box down ?</P>

Thanks,</P>

jamie</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: ~~~~ who ?

You're a funny guy there Jamie... [:D]

It was you that mentioned about possibly installing the battery box.
It was in this thread.
http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/8434.aspx

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

Jiles,</P>

I FOUND YOUR THREAD.</P>

HOW DID YOU INSTALL THE MARINE BOX. PLEASE POST SOME PICS, FOR I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE TO CUT MINE DOWN ( I think ), AND LIKE TO SEE HOW YOURS IS INSTALLED !!!!!</P>

THANKS,</P>

JAMIE ( two guns )</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000>BCZOOM MY FRIEND ~~~~</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=4>THERE IS ANOTHER MEMBER THAT DID INSTALL IT, HE SAID HE DID INTALL A MARINE BATTERY BOX !!!!!!!!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=4></FONT></P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/8762.aspx</P>

</P>

~~~ Read it on Down !!!!!!!!!!!</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

OK, I stand corrected (but did chuckle some when I saw it you that said you were going to do it).

I remembered/found the thread where we were talking about it but forgot Jiles installed one.

What size battery box did you get? As I recall, there's a few different sizes.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

It's a NOCO product >>>></P>

Snap*Top</P>

For Batteries up to 11"L x 7 7/8"W x 10 3/4" H</P>

$ 6.54 , and that included the Top and Strap >>>>>>></P>

They probobly sell different sizes, but around this area, you are lucky to find a match-box ~~~~</P>

</P>

Jiles

It was probably me that made the post. I am sorry to say that I have no experience with posting pictures, but the procedure is simple and it worked for me. I purchased the box # HM318BK from wallyworld. When installed as I did, the hood serves as a cover, closing about 1/2 inch above top of box. Looking under the hood, locate the bracket that holds the "range" cable. I cut a small piece of 125gauge alunimum and mounted it under this bracket at the front edge. . You will need to drill two holes in the bracket, one each side of the cable mounting assembly. The plate is mounted under this bracket so you will have to slot out for the cable mounting nuts. . You will need to bend the plate down on the front edge to be in line with the round tube that goes the width of the hood opening. You then mount a larger plate, slightly larger then the battery box bottom, and let it rest on the round tube. When mounted the hood will not close because of interference with the box front corner. Just scribe a line on the box with a marking pin guided by the top of the rubber gasket. I cut mine down approximately 1/2 inch on the corner. I hope this is clear enough but I won't be far away if someone needs further instructions.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>Jiles ,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> I Thank you for your reply, I going to give it a shot maybe this weekend. Might have to contact you if I run into any trouble. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> Thanks Again,</DIV>
<DIV> jamie </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

Jiles

No promise, but I will see if one of my sons can post pictures for me this weekend.Then I willknow how.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

<TABLE class=CAMultiPage id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___EditorPages_table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>Jiles </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sounds Great. Maybe we both can learn something new ~~~~ </P>

I like to have never learned how to post a picture on this site. But once I finally did it, it's like the blinking of the eyes, it comes automatic !!!!!!</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Jiles,

Follow this link for guidance on how to post a pic.
http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/8688.aspx

Brian