Kubota rtv x1100c Black Smoke

dtreid

Just got an rtv x1100. 800hrs.

When the engine is loaded up it rolls coal like I've never seen an rtv do.

I adjusted valves (they were way out), changed air and fuel filters but still it smokes. Tried swapping in some different injectors. No difference.

Any other suggestions?

dtreid

Should add, that the area under that valve cover was pretty sludged up. Not antifreeze in oil custard, just black sludge.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You've done more than I thought of right off. Maybe add some sea foam for the next tank of diesel.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have that model but if the tail pipe comes off, then it probably has a spark arrester internally . If so, take out the bolts and pull straight out . the arrestor is on the internal end of that type of tailpipe and the screen will clog . My old model 2005 rtv 900 also had a plug on the underside of the muffler I would remove it and tap with a rubber mallet, and rev the engine, replace. . My 2011 rtv 900 doesn't though . bordercollie

edit http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17382&highlight=spark+arrestor there are more threads on the forum you can find them by using the search function at the top of this page. :)

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there is a plug on the side of the muffler near the rear . pull the plug and drive aggressively and stop occasionally to tap on the side of the muffler.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
definitely dis assemble the complete intake up to the manifold to make sure there isn't an obstruction. try running it without the air cleaner to see if it makes a difference. also i experienced a similar problem on a caterpillar once that had a shop rag in the intake manifold. black smoke is un burnt fuel. either over fueled or under aired. could be timming.