Hydraulic trailer ramps

quincy

Cool. I wouldnt have thought loading ramps on a small trailer were heavy enough to warrant a hydraulic set up, but hey, a nice project for the guy and a back saver for sure.

Archdean

I like his idea and believe I will borrow half of it for my 16' trailer as it has ramps but not attached and it is a pain to store them not to mention lifting them and moving them somewhere!

I also need a third one to load my Farmall B (tricycle front end).

Hydraulics are a nice touch but in my case overkill!

Would of been terrific to have when I was doing this though!! After a long day of lifting these up and down with broken lift springs no less my arms and back felt like putty!!

Thanks for the nice post and I was thinking that I needed a new project anyway for the summer!

Attachments

• Grandlakekubota 001.jpg
    Grandlakekubota 001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 259

Bindian

I like his idea and believe I will borrow half of it for my 16' trailer as it has ramps but not attached and it is a pain to store them not to mention lifting them and moving them somewhere!

I also need a third one to load my Farmall B (tricycle front end).

Hydraulics are a nice touch but in my case overkill!

Would of been terrific to have when I was doing this though!! After a long day of lifting these up and down with broken lift springs no less my arms and back felt like putty!!

Thanks for the nice post and I was thinking that I needed a new project anyway for the summer!
Archdean,
My dealer's "Big Tex" trailer has the spring assist ramps. It has three ramps which would be great for you. I want to get spring assist or the hydraulic ramp retro fit for my trailer. What model tractor is in your photo?
hugs, Brandi

Archdean

That is a McCormic, probably a 100/120, I used to work for a large Kubota / McCormic dealer after I retired from Flying and it was exciting to see the smiles come on the new owners faces when I would deliver their new toy!

What wasn't so cool though was wrestling these big boys up and down hilly terrain to get to their ranch, sometimes two at a time!

Bindian

That is a McCormic, probably a 100/120, I used to work for a large Kubota / McCormic dealer after I retired from Flying and it was exciting to see the smiles come on the new owners faces when I would deliver their new toy!

What wasn't so cool though was wrestling these big boys up and down hilly terrain to get to their ranch, sometimes two at a time!
Archdean,
What did you fly?
hugs, Brandi

Archdean

More than you will ever care to know!!:pat:

Just about everything you can squeeze into 10000 +hours!!
Duel rated/land and sea/Single and multi engine/Airplane and Helicopter/Instrument rated and hold A CF II license!

Retired first time as a military command pilot, Chinooks (CH 47's mostly) Started the Army's Nap of the Earth Flight School (NOE) after that I flopped around Alaska teaching Bush flying including float planes both single engine and multi engine off and on till I retired again as a chief pilot for a large flight school among other dumb things!

Bindian

More than you will ever care to know!!:pat:

Just about everything you can squeeze into 10000 +hours!!
Duel rated/land and sea/Single and multi engine/Airplane and Helicopter/Instrument rated and hold A CF II license!

Retired first time as a military command pilot, Chinooks (CH 47's mostly) Started the Army's Nap of the Earth Flight School (NOE) after that I flopped around Alaska teaching Bush flying including float planes both single engine and multi engine off and on till I retired again as a chief pilot for a large flight school among other dumb things!
Archdean,:wave:
Bush flying? I have always wanted a Beaver on floats!:cool:
hugs, Brandi