Wheels

HeyBob

I am looking for a set of rear wheels for my NAA. The original ones are totally rotted out from chloride. I have used N-Complete for a lot of the parts I need. You guys know of any other sources?

HeyBob

No, I want new wheels, or a used set that is like new. I am actually about 20 miles east of Lansing, maybe 45 minutes west of Detroit. Where are you?

Milwaukee

I am near to Detroit but more south. Near to Dearborn or Trenton.

Well for new rim I have no idea where to find it.

HeyBob

N-Complete has them, I just want to shop. I can buy new wheels for about $400.00 each (I think) the price book is out in the barn and I ain't going out there........

Milwaukee

Ford 601 it work good but think 6 volt system is not good for in winter so want upgrade to 12 volts.

Got case 222 with bad motor so now motor is sit on bench wait for new parts

Have ward gilson garden tractor but think about sell that so I can buy nice van with diesel.

And for info I will not ever try drink or other stuff like drug or smoke it bad.

HeyBob

Ford 601 it work good but think 6 volt system is not good for in winter so want upgrade to 12 volts.

Got case 222 with bad motor so now motor is sit on bench wait for new parts

Have ward gilson garden tractor but think about sell that so I can buy nice van with diesel.

And for info I will not ever try drink or other stuff like drug or smoke it bad.

(1) OK, the 6 to 12v upgrade is a breeze

(2) Too bad I just sold a diesel E-350 7.3 for cheap.........

(3) I did not know you were 17..........

HeyBob

That ok I just found 1984 e250 with diesel 6.9 for 500 dollars it run good but look nice it blue.

6.9 Powerstroke is mechanically fuel injected, naturally aspriated and most likely will have trouble getting out of it's own way. Also, prior to 1991 Ford vans were bigger rust buckets than they are now, each and everyone of them had the entire hood rust off all the way to the hinges..............

Keep looking...............remember, not only can you spend to much, you can spend to little..........ya get what you pay for.

Also, FWIW, I have been driving vans since I was 18 or 19, deep down they are really not that enjoyable to drive, I would look for a P/U truck.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bob,
I'll have that vodka with you. :beer:
I didn't know Milwaukee was 17 either. No problem, it just had not come up.

FWIW I agree with HeyBob on the van purchase. It might end up being a money pit. At 17 dollars are harder to come by, so little things needing replaced would add up fast.

No clue where you might get new rims HB. I'll do a little searching on the internet and see if I can find any other sources for you.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
HeyBob,
plug this phrase into google and you'll see a few places selling the wheels.
A couple of ebay stores and some parts places, along with other fluff.

rear wheels ford NAA

Milwaukee

well for van it have less rust than you think. I will show you pictures ok.

well have you try go to dealer if they have any rims that they don't need it.