Want to be a new owner.

Eagle

Great site lot's of great info. We plan to buy a x1100 for our farm and ranch work. What are your experiences with elevation? We haul material around 500-600 pounds up a steep rough road above 10,000 ft. Speed is not an issue. Do think this outfit will work for us?

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Perhaps 6 or 7 years ago there was a fella who had tracks or got them and operated at higher elevations. He ended up going to a turbo to get the ooomph to push the tracks at, what to him, was acceptable speed..............

Another fella, maybe last year or the year before, took his 900? from down in Texas I think up to the high country in Colo for hunting..........I seem to remember that he had no complaints; but perhaps there was talk about being some off.............

Maybe some of the older members on here can help me remember these things as these old brain cells are taxed just knowing what day it is..........

Perhaps a search, under "turbo" and or "tracks" and then plug in WAYYY WAYYY back...........We have a good search engine on here so maybe try:
Altitude
Turbo
tracks
????...................God bless.......Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ask your dealer to let you test one on your property to see if you want to buy. The new styles are so different that I doubt my experiences would be the same - I love my 2011 RTV 900 xt though. ( there is a drop in power going up our little hill.) 2200 hrs on this one. bordercollie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I haul 600 lbs on mine with no problems at all. I would bet that it would be as good as any other UTV at those altitudes and the addition of a turbo would make it a no match to any other.