New x1100 just purchased

MidWFarmer

Thought I'd say Hi! and thanks for all the info on this sight. I've been reading and lurking on here since last fall. Today I traded my 2006 Ranger with cab, heat, lights, extra battery, plow and other additions for a new x1100. Your site has the most information I was able to find and was glad to find it. Thanks, again.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Welcome MidWFarmer! I am a new guy too,I have had my X1100c for about 6 months now and just purchased an 08 1100cw for my son to use around the ranch. this is a wonderful sight with a bunch of great people. Welcome again

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!

I know it's only been a day, but after awhile, can you give us your comparison of the Ranger to the RTV?

Oh, and we're a big fan of pictures so if you can, post some of your new machine!

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the RTV Forum. Come back often and share your good, bad and ugly experiences. Hopefully, they will all be good.

Keifer (aka Keith) ( 2012 1100 RTV owner-operator)

tlk

This is a great forum and very helpful. I owned three Ranger 6x6's and switched two years ago to the 1100 and have never looked back. Polaris (no) customer service was one factor plus a Polaris shop manager told me Polaris started farming out most of its parts and the quality was gone. My observations of differences are this:

Speed - no comparison of course - Rangers are way faster - but the 1100 is fast enough for my needs plus it keeps me safer. I use to go way too fast in the Polaris.

Suspension - Ranger is the best in this area too but the 1100 ride has not been bad at all.

Those are the only two positives I have for Ranger over Kubota. The Kubota is tougher, better built, and the cab is beyond any cab Polaris (or anyone else for that matter) has come up with. Virtually air tight and dust proof, AC and heater are awesome.

The Kubota is heavier so getting through bad mud is a little more of a chance.

All in all I am hooked on Kubota over Polaris. Polaris still has the public hooked on them but as time goes by and their reliability wanes I think other makes will take over

MidWFarmer

I purchased the 1100 from a friend who's dealership sells both Polaris and kubota. He had to order it because they just sold the 1100 that they had. Hopefully it will be in this week, but it'll probably be next. I'm a little anxious to get it. I got him to throw in the turn signals and sun visors with me doing the install. They sell Sno-way snowplows and have one that they installed on an 1100 this winter that got sold less the plow. He's gonna sell it to me at cost to get it moved. Was hoping to get it before the crops get to big so I could do some scouting with it. Thanks for the kind replies.

travisd

They sell Sno-way snowplows and have one that they installed on an 1100 this winter that got sold less the plow. He's gonna sell it to me at cost to get it moved. Was hoping to get it before the crops get to big so I could do some scouting with it. Thanks for the kind replies.

Make sure that whomever installs the plow does it such that it doesn't block the front hitch... I had to re-work mine (I did the install, not the dealer) when I realized that it was blocking the receiver. Still not entirely sure I can use the front receiver with the plow mount installed, but at least the drawbar clears now. I need to pick up an extension to bring it out past the rest of the mount.

I initially had the adjustable part of the plow mount higher, since it looked more level, but in use I found that it was a little high and needed to come down anyway. Too high and it wants to let the plow dig in and trip instead of staying behind the snow. More pronounced when trying to scrape ice.

MidWFarmer

I looked at the plow mount and it looks to have a notched out area for the hitch. I'm sure I'll need an extension, but I believe it will leave it usable. If not I'll probably look at a Boss or Kubotas.

travisd

There's some 'tolerance' in the mounting holes. I ended up loosening the top 4 mounting bolts and levering the mount down just a smidge so that the notch was actually clear of the receiver tube.

Don't get me wrong -- I think it's a well-engineered and built plow, and after the first winter with it, I'm still completely satisfied with the purchase. A Vee plow would be really really nice when clearing my parking areas, but the fact is, I don't use this to make money, and the straight plow does a great job clearing my and and my neighbor's half-mile of hilly driveway.

MidWFarmer

Glad to hear from someone who has a Sno-way already on a 1100. Was a little cautious but it looks to be pretty well built plow. I'll be doing the install myself and am pretty confident it'll be fine. I sure would love a vee plow also, but I just do my driveway and two neighbors and can't really justify the extra expense. We have gravel driveways so I'm hoping the shoes do a good job of saving the gravel. My last plow I took the shoes off and put plastic 2 inch pipe on the blade. Worked well except when the snow got hard and floated the light plow up.

shinnery

What are these sno-plows people keep talking about? We generally just plows dirt around here. Second question "What is Snow" ? I think I did see that stuff called "rain" back in '97!
Bryce

travisd

Glad to hear from someone who has a Sno-way already on a 1100. Was a little cautious but it looks to be pretty well built plow. I'll be doing the install myself and am pretty confident it'll be fine. I sure would love a vee plow also, but I just do my driveway and two neighbors and can't really justify the extra expense. We have gravel driveways so I'm hoping the shoes do a good job of saving the gravel. My last plow I took the shoes off and put plastic 2 inch pipe on the blade. Worked well except when the snow got hard and floated the light plow up.

Mine's actually on an X900, but should be the same.

Follow the directions as far as what order to assemble things! I didn't wait to try and attach the lift frame (the part with the hydraulic bits) and ended up having to crack open one of the lines in order to re-compress the angle cylinder to get it to attach to the blade. Also, I had some trouble starting a couple of the lower bolts that attach the mount to the RTV-- you might consider picking up the appropriate tap to clean out the holes.

If it hasn't already been set up and filled, I found that I needed to re-clock the fluid reservoir so that when the plow was mounted, the filler was at the top. Not hard to do, just not mentioned in the manual.

MidWFarmer

Guys & Gals. My new X1100 is in and ready to deliver. Its about time. If I can break out of work early enough to get the doors on my Ranger and remove the last couple things I hope to have it delivered tommorrow. By the way the Sno-Way plow must have a Pricey tag because my friend wanted $2800 to get the straight plow he has on hand. He said they won't let him mark it down below that. Looks like I'll go with my gut and get the Boss V-plow for another $500. Hopefully tommorrow night I can take a pic or two. It'll probably be late and after dark though. Thanks for all the help.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is great news MidWFarmer :tiphat: I sure love my RTV900xt. I am well...just crazy over it and the work it saves. :) collie

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new buggie. I too traded my Polaris ranger with a cab and goodies in on my x1100 last fall. Have never had any regrets. I really like the Kubota and how much of a work horse it is. :tiphat:

MidWFarmer

After two days finally got home early enough to take the 1100 out. The wife and I took a 13 mile trek and looked at a bunch of crops before dark. The only draw back I noticed was the worksite tires seem to throw a lot of rocks. I kinda wonder if I wouldnt of been better off with the atv tires. On the good side, it seems the rocks must have been hitting underneath because I couldn't see marks on the sides. Also ordered lights to install on the cab. Does anyone know the best online Warn retailer, I might as well get a winch coming.

OrangeBuggy

After two days finally got home early enough to take the 1100 out. The wife and I took a 13 mile trek and looked at a bunch of crops before dark. The only draw back I noticed was the worksite tires seem to throw a lot of rocks. I kinda wonder if I wouldnt of been better off with the atv tires. On the good side, it seems the rocks must have been hitting underneath because I couldn't see marks on the sides. Also ordered lights to install on the cab. Does anyone know the best online Warn retailer, I might as well get a winch coming.

ATV tires kick up rocks also. Installed Kubota splash guards. That took care of that, but be SITTIG DOWN when they tell you the price. See if they well install them on their dime if you buy from them. I have added all kinds of stuff and my dealer has been willing to do that.

MidWFarmer

I've owned three or four different atv/utv' through the years and the atv tires have never thrown rocks like these. The cleats being so close together really makes them pick up rocks. It's not as bad at 10 mph as at 20 mph but still more than atv tires. I might see what kinda flaps I can put on. I would think the generic plastic ones could be molded with a small handheld torch. Just need a little time and patience.