X900 Cab ?

10-e-c-dirt

I'm getting ready to order a X900 Worksite w/ Modular Cab & heater, and I need a little help & advice from owners.
1, Which Canopy Metal or Plastic, pros & cons of each.
2, Windshield, Polycarb, Tempered, or Laminated? pros-cons.
3, Doors, I'm wanting a door that I can remove & reinstall real quick & EZ, depending on weather, etc. Do any of the after market doors go on & off any faster & EZr than the factory Kubota Vinyl doors. I will be getting in & out of RTV, 25 to 50-60 times a day!.... I tried to count the times I got on & off my 4-wheeler in a day, lost count @ 50 before noon.

THANKS
Tennessee Dirt

shinnery

Do some investigating to see if there is any way you can modify the RTV900 cabs that BBerg is selling up in Canada. I have ordered one (Thursday) and with the U. S. dollar to Canadian Dollar conversion they are not bad. They added C$990 for shipping and with the VAT I was looking at C$ 2400+ but it only hit my credit card for US $1970+. That is shipping to west Texas. (delivered to a location with a fork lift)
Bryce

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't have doors on mine, but I ordered the metal (black) canopy with the glass windshield and wiper. They (both) are substantial and very well designed. The headliner is a plus I wasn't expecting and it really makes the cab quiet and would help somewhat with heating. The windshield system (it is quite a nice design) is tight and of heavy metal. It includes the upper pin for doors should I decide to order them, and it looks like the doors just drop on the pins. The lower pins would be added to a location below. The canopy is made by Curtis for Kubota, I don't know who makes the windshield, but the way it so nicely mates with the canopy I am assuming that it is a Curtis product as well. Hope this helps.

628pm

Site Supporter
Here are some pictures of my cab I ordered from the dealer. Cut the holes in for the heater before installing the windshield, it will be a lot easier. Also order the accessory electrical block so you will have the location to place the heater switch and other accessories, if you get a windshield wiper, there is already a location for that switch.

Attachments

• cab1a.jpg
    cab1a.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 199
  • cab2a.jpg
    cab2a.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 196
  • cab4a.jpg
    cab4a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 195
  • cab5a.jpg
    cab5a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 195
  • cab6a.jpg
    cab6a.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 192
  • cab7.jpg
    cab7.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 190
  • cab8a.jpg
    cab8a.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 191
  • cab10a.jpg
    cab10a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 191

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
628pm, I love your cab assembly. You have the windshield and canopy that I have. It is nice to see how the doors hang. I had not yet seen a full cab. Maybe someday I can rationalize the purchase of the doors and heater. The design and execution of the canopy and windshield assembly is terrific. Thanks for showing us your unit!

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Very functional looking cab..........Goes along with the design of the RTV itself...........a functional utility machine......not some wanna be car that one takes to the beauty shop down the road; but protection from the elements that can easily be converted to doorless operation for spring and summer duty..............Good choice there Bud......God bless......Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I really do like the heater sitting there on the dash........Does that vent out under the seat into the engine bay or what???????..........God bless......Dennis

628pm

Site Supporter
The heater is mounded underneath the dash, had to cut out the 3 vents ( 2 defrost and 1 heat) It takes some work to cut out the defrost vents if you have the windshield on, but finally did it.

This was the first year I pushed snow with this vehicle. It was really nice having the heat, use a b2620 previous years. But told the wife if I was going to keep doing this (for us and neighbors (98 years old), I wanted something to protect me against the weather. We didn't have any snow like up north, I wouldn't of mind a little more just to play with it. I am retired so no worrys about getting out. ( My plow is the Boss Vplow).

One thing if you are getting a cab you supposedly need the heavy front springs and struts. Had them installed when I purchased the vehicle.

Now I just need to decide on what lights I want (hazard) while pushing snow.

628pm

Site Supporter
One last thing the outside mirrors are worthless with the cab on. Need to move them to the doors when the cab is on. But hate modifying the doors yet.

I've seen some have the rear view camera, I think that would be neat, but don't know about it. I did put a rear view mirror inside which works pretty good.

shinnery

628pm, I like the pictures of your machine, I assume it is an x900? I see several differences in my '06 900. Biggest thing I see is the "4 BOLT WHEELS" wonder why they changed from the 5 bolt ones? Just needed to stock two kinds of spares parts I guess.
On the subject of the U.S. $ vs CAN $ the complete price on the BBerg cabs was just under Can $2500 and it hit my CC as US $1955. Going to be an interesting job to mount it when it arrives.
Bryce

628pm

Site Supporter
Bryce, mine is a x900. I really like those cabs you guys are getting from up north. Wish it would of worked on mine and I knew about them before I purchased mine from the dealer. Oh well, it is done with.

628pm

Site Supporter
No I installed them last fall, haven't had them off. But it isn't a problem. disconnect the door shock, and then lift them off.