New Member - rtvx 1120d

Rgodwin

Hello all and thanks for having me. I sold my 900xt and just purchased an 1120dr. This morning I noticed an oil leak under the front diff on the concrete. Upon further inspection it actually looks like the oil is coming from the shaft seal on the power steering cylinder. Has anyone seen this on the x-series?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Welcome Rgodwin to the premier RTV forum. I have an X1100c for about 6 months now and have put almost 800 miles on it. the only leak i had was a small coolant leak that was harder to find than fix and what i thought was an oil leak that turned out to be some blow out of the vent from slight overfilling of the tranny. please keep us posted on your findings and cure.

Rgodwin

Thanks so much! I will look at that when I get back home tonight. I see that you have an x-series so this could be the same. Maybe there's a vent tube above where I'm seeing this and it's just greasy antifreeze.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to our forum Rgodwin!!! Congrats n the new machine. Would love to see pics of it when you get a chance.
Do follow up with what the leak turns out to be.

Rgodwin

My RTV in the barn, dirty from all the mud here. I have not found any vents over the front right wheel where it could be leaking. I'm puzzled, even took the wheel off and got up in there.

Attachments

• IMG_2858[1].jpg
    IMG_2858[1].jpg
    38 KB · Views: 132

Rgodwin

In this photo which is inside the front right wheel you will see the steering rack coming from the steering cylinder. Down below to the left at the far most bottom of the frame there is an oily wet residue. This had actually leaked on the concrete a small oily spot. I am still looking for it but thought someone might had seen this before. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2863[1].jpg
    IMG_2863[1].jpg
    48 KB · Views: 129

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the RTV forum. Hope you find the problem... Or, hope you have a good kubota dealership nearby. Warranty work/repair ?

fishinbill85

If you're talking about the spot below the tie rod on the frame... It Looks like grease from the A-arm bushing to me. But then again, can't tell 100% from the picture either.