new from minnesota

cris

Wife and I have twelve acres in N.E. Mn. Dominated by Maple. Have our first and probably last tractor, a MT180D. Not sure which manufacturers group I should refer to. It has a loader and a finish belly mower. At present I'm shoping for a rock rake and a blade for the back. Although it has only 18 hp. the 3-point is cat. 1. Rear pto is 3 speed (second gear is 540rpm). I look foward to learning and sharing.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk chris. The MT180D is a Mitsubishi isn't it? If so they make a solid tractor. If you're looking to post in a brand specific forum, I'd guess you'd use the Other Brands Forum. I don't think we have that many Mitsubishi owners here, but I could be wrong. Don't worry about it being "only 18HP". You'll be surprised what those 18 horses will do.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Cris, I'm glad you found us here on Net Tractor Talk. :thumb:
Sounds like a good setup you have so far. The Front End Loader (aka FEL) will come in very handy. It will enable you to do so much more with your Mitsu. I had an older Mitsubushi 17hp 2wd tractor. It ran perfect. Great tractor overall but it did not have the FEL or the power to bush hog my hills since it was only 2wd. I upgraded to a 30hp 4wd and got the job done. :D
I look forward to more posts by you, and hopefully one of them will show us a picture of your tractor (hint hint).

cris

Thank you all for the friendly wellcome. I really enjoy well designed and effecient machinery. I was kind-of bragging when I mentioned the eighteen horse with a cat 1 threepoint. I don't know tractors but dad saw to it that I made friends with a shovel early on. Our, "12", is to be our last home. The land is 412 feet E-W and 1320 feet N-S. The road is on the North boundry and grade trends gentley SSE. The build site will be at the South end. Tractor tasks include snow management, materal transport, grading and mowing. Our summer goals are brush removal, install septic and pier system. Photos forthcomming.