RTV1140CPX lost its head is this all RTV's

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
ok i went to the book for you and it looks like for the different serial number ranges the pistons and rods are all the same but there are a choice of three different crankshafts for the serial numbers as they range from old to new. my advice is to order the correct head that corresponds to the serial number range of your machine. with diesel engines and the close tolerances you could have catastrophic results if the pistons hit the head or injectors valves etc.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it "Mite" work if use the other head but remember the quote."there are MITES on a chickens butt". wink

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
did a little googleing and found that in some serial number ranges KBT had to relocate the radiator on these to solve cooling issues. you should have the dealer check to see if your unit falls in the range and if it does has it been fixed?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I wil starting checking on that radiator stuff after I get this herd of ducks in a row. Thank you everyone

sounds about right. if it has been updated or is a late enough serial number then the cooling system should be ok. one other thing i found was that if the machine had been overheated then the filler neck on the radiator was prone to warp and then it wouldn't hold pressure like it should. i got that info from an old post from a Kubota mechanic quoting a factory TSB.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bordercollie
How can I get ahold of the Dennis (d and d)

I've been out working on a few projects and just read your post so truly am sorry not to have responded till now. I think Doc sent him a message but maybe you can too and if he's around a computer he will answer back. He's in Ga( if not on the road that is). He has a thread out now on the forum intitled " cracked casting /cover" . There you can find his post and click on his name to send a pm. I do hope this problem can be resolved for you quickly. collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I sent Dennis and email since I was not sure if he would be notified of a PM. He normally will answer right away, so he might be away on vacation.

If you want to PM Dennis send it to
D&D Farm

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey J3S...…….Thanks Doc and Judy...…...I appreciate what you are doing and the help you need. For me, I would call Messicks, tell them what you have, what you want to know, and what you want to figure out. I have done this several times and often, I will get the information from the parts person and then switch to a "TECH" type of person and go through the same thing. They are very knowledgeable and will spend the time with you figuring out the situation...……...Doesn't cost anything and is surely a great resource for information...…….God bless......Dennis

J3SRanch

Thank you guys I appreciate the help I do believe we got it all figured out. Kinda funny it takes thus many people to give this many directions to finally end up at the right location. I do appreciate the help. When I get the head in and installed I will let you guys know how she runs.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
My two cents: If you have the time, a call to Messick's might shed some light on your situation. They are a supporter of this Forum and members have done business with them with favorable results. As Bordercollie mentioned earlier, they are very knowledgeable with the Kubota brand.

J3SRanch

Not yet haven't had time to sit down and get it ordered. We was hit by a tornado May 23rd and lost most everything. So this cracked head is just one of the few things I'm working on. I'm gonna try to get it ordered tomorrow then it is supposed to take 7 to 10 days to ship. Hopefully I can have it and get it running in the next couple weeks. It would make my daughters life alot easier. I've put alot on her during her summer vacation. I will post a picture of her working it asap.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my J3Sranch !! I understand because have been there but in a lesser degree. God bless ya'll !! collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Not yet haven't had time to sit down and get it ordered. We was hit by a tornado May 23rd and lost most everything. So this cracked head is just one of the few things I'm working on. I'm gonna try to get it ordered tomorrow then it is supposed to take 7 to 10 days to ship. Hopefully I can have it and get it running in the next couple weeks. It would make my daughters life alot easier. I've put alot on her during her summer vacation. I will post a picture of her working it asap.

had the same thing happen in 99. lost it all either to the tornado and later to looters. wild times. all the best and prayers for yours.

J3SRanch

Thank collie. We lost everything except my kubota 75 skid steer and my flat bottom boat, still dont understand that. 5 barns, house, horse trailer, and all 3 vehicles. Been a long 60 plus days. Didn't need to buy an RTV with a cracked head but it will all come around. Sure look at life differently after this deal.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yes J3SRanch, Strange indeed.. Our newspaper was still by the concrete steps. I'm grateful that ya'll are here to tell about it though. That sounds like a real miracle without doubt. collie

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter

So sorry to hear of the tornado damage. Hope you and your family are ok.

Jim

J3SRanch

We are good just going to take a while to rebuild. The cracked head is just a small hurdle that didn't have time for. It will all get better. Thank you everyone.

J3SRanch

Well I ordered the new head last week and got it installed on Saturday. Give it new head gasket and all other gaskets. New oil and filter new antifreeze. Everything went smooth. Bled the fuel lines of air and she fired right up. No smoke or steam from exaust, no pressure from the radiator. All good signs. Took the oil fill cap off and have pretty good puffing or blow by. Let it set and idle for 10 to 15 minutes temperature gauge came up to about dead center and stayed. Loaded the wife up and headed to the neighbors kept it in mid range gear and about 3/4 throttle about a half mile drive. Temp came up a little but nothing to worry about. The fan kicked on and it cooled down to middle of the guage in about a minute fan stopped. Everything seemed normal and was happy. Left the neighbors to head home all flat road no hills. I went ahead and put it in high range and still only half to 3/4 throttle about 15 to 18 mph. As I turned in the driveway the temp started rising to about 1/4 from Red. Got to the house I stopped and let it idle and fan run to help cool it was steaming coolant from the overflow jug until it cooled down. Shut it off for a couple hours and went back out checked oil looked good, coolant a little low to be expected. Fired it back up and still no pressure from the radiator exaust looks good. Still has blow by but never ran it long enough to warm up again. So now what is next I guess. Cylinders looked good when I had the head off. Where could the blow by be coming from and what do it need to do next, I have to be able to drive it further than a half of a mile or 5 minutes before it gets hot. Any more suggestions.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My 1140 never ever even got up to the half way mark for the temp. Strange ....no suggestions as you sure are more proficient at mechanics than I. Wishing you luck in finding the issue.