Massey Ferguson #39 2-row corn planter

No pictures (YET). But it's on the way! I've been looking for various Massey Ferguson implements that match up with the 150. I've got a #66 2X14" plow, a #25 7'-10" 3-point disc, a #24 baler. I've got a line on a MF soil scoop but it's not a done deal yet. I've had my ear to the ground for several years hunting for a #39 planter. No good ones seemed to ever show up. I was scanning EBAY a week ago and one appeared. It was in pristine condition. Original owner only used it a few years then stored it away. Bidding was stagnent. Then I saw where it was located!!! Only 40 miles from home. I even know the guy who's selling it. So, I put in a maximum bid that's WAY more than average selling price for a #39 and waited. And waited. And waited.

Sale ended at 4:45PM yesterday. I'm going after it saturday morning! A little clean up and maintenance, and she'll be field ready!

Gonna grow a crop of POPCORN this summer! Stay tuned for corn planting escapades:cool:

Tractor house.com has one listed. http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=5191255&guid=54B21011745F46BEA2CB1E88D5672DFC

They don't have a picture either.:unhappy:

See what happens when machinery is mentioned, but no visual, I had to go search and still can't picture it.:mrgreen:

Check out EBAY item # 270213871648

Mine is still wearing original paint yet it LOOKS better than this one. Still showing original decals. Mine has the lid for the fertilizer box is still on it.

But that's what a #39 looks like.

Last edited:

irwin

The picture.......sure will look fine behind your 150 :cool:

MFPlanter1.JPG

Dougster

Old Member
The picture.......sure will look fine behind your 150 :cool:
Now you aficionados of classic® and antique® tractors will have to explain this one to the poor old Dougster: Is that some sort of tractor implement??? :confused: Or is that Santa Claus's very own trap drum set mounted to his sled??? :yum: :yum: :yum:

Dougster :starbucks:

Attachments

• 280px-Drum_kit_illustration_edit.png
    280px-Drum_kit_illustration_edit.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 167
Now you aficionados of classic® and antique® tractors will have to explain this one to the poor old Dougster: Is that some sort of tractor implement??? :confused: Or is that Santa Claus's very own trap drum set mounted to his sled??? :yum: :yum: :yum:

I'm sure even a sophisticated high living New Englander such as yourself has had corn at some point in his life. Be it creamed corn, corn on the cob, popcorn, corn syrup, corn pudding, corn oil, corn flakes, corn chips, or corn liquer, those little yellow kernals have to come from some place.

And as a versatile piece of equipment, the corn planter can even plant beans. You've surely had bean soup, baked beans, chili beans, lima beans, butter beans, kidney beans, navy beans, red beans and rice, bean cakes, soy (bean) sauce, or maybe even bean dip.

Also plants milo, sunflowers, and a host of other farm commodities.

So, joke if you will, but know this.... Without that contraption, you'd be stuck eating nothing but gruel:yum: :rolleyes: :yum: :yuk: :yum:

Dougster

Old Member
So, joke if you will, but know this.... Without that contraption, you'd be stuck eating nothing but gruel:yum: :rolleyes: :yum: :yuk: :yum:
Without the old Edster around anymore to buy me dinner on his unlimited expense account, I AM stuck eating nothing but gruel... :( ...at least until Friday night's expected billable, plowable snowfall. :thumb: Then it will be FAT CITY for at least the rest of this month! ;)

Without the old Edster around anymore to buy me dinner on his unlimited expense account, I AM stuck eating nothing but gruel... :( ...at least until Friday night's expected billable, plowable snowfall. :thumb: Then it will be FAT CITY for at least the rest of this month! ;)

Our "snow event" ended up being .2".....OF ICE!:pat: That's all it takes for total pandamonium here. EVERYTHING is shut down for the night. Even the freekin' POLICE station is closed here in town. :eek:

Dougster

Old Member
Our "snow event" ended up being .2".....OF ICE!:pat: That's all it takes for total pandamonium here. EVERYTHING is shut down for the night. Even the freekin' POLICE station is closed here in town. :eek:
Well, I need snow! :letitsnow: Real plowable snow! :letitsnow: The kind that get the "one-offs" calling nonstop and waving green cash in their hands!!! ;)

The kind that gets Jay going and the old Edster crying!!! :yum:

Now, back on topic; You all know how I don't like to stray off topic:pat: :yum: :yum:

The planter is home. It needs a washin'. Not on a 30 degree day though. The cat sellin' it had another surprise for yours truely!

A set (2 pair/4pcs) of 110 lb (ea) front wheel weights for the 150! They'll fit any 15" or 16" "implement wheel" (ie front wheel on many many tractors) F.R.E.E. Just wanted 'em gone to a good home. They made it!

The planter is in pristine mechaniccal condition, save a little surface rust on a few parts where the paint wore off in the little use it's seen.

So good, I MIGHT not re-paint it. The fertilizer drop tubes (metal) were cleaned and are submerged in an anti-freeze jug filled with motor oil. No rust there. The bottom of the fertilizer box is easily removed. It was, cleaned, oiled, and in perfect shape. The fert. attachment is USUALLY toast on these old planters. This one is just like new.

3 pairs of seed plates with it, 5 more pairs on the way from my favorite MF dealer and 4 pairs coming from Lincoln Ag.

Got 'er figured out, ready to plant corn! :thumb:

Attachments

• Jan1dogs 024.jpg
    Jan1dogs 024.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Jan1dogs 025.jpg
    Jan1dogs 025.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Jan1dogs 026.jpg
    Jan1dogs 026.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Jan1dogs 027.jpg
    Jan1dogs 027.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 75
  • Jan1dogs 028.jpg
    Jan1dogs 028.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Jan1dogs 029.jpg
    Jan1dogs 029.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Jan1dogs 031.jpg
    Jan1dogs 031.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Jan1dogs 030.jpg
    Jan1dogs 030.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 73

irwin

dial up service beware-big pictures!

That's a beauty Junk! Not that I can appreciate time for planting fields for a few years..my land is a farmers nightmare, Rocks, more rocks, and big trees, lots of um. Someday I'll rent/buy some heavy equiptment and clear a couple acres, but not right away. For now it's a few square yards at a time til I get the horse ring cleared, but first water and electric needs to be put in. The little backhoe will get another workout.:wink:

P1010072.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

Todays agenda revolves around making room for the ever increasing "PROJECT PILE". I'n the last few days the shop has started taking on inventory. I just barely managed to squeeze the new planter in.

There's a 7' Woods rear blade that I need to put back in the shed. (Dropped it in the heated shop to melt snow/ice off of it after last snow episode)

And then there's my plow. It's been on a 4-wheeled dolly since last summer. I can't stand the thought of putting it out in the cold. I want WARM, DRY, plowing weather! But, The plow has to move out.

And the subsoiler never made it out of the shop after it got the royal treatment. It's headed out the door.

2 NEW fenders for the 150 showed up friday afternoon. They're NEXT on the list. They need to be prepped and painted, then installed. That process starts this week. Plan is to have them DONE by next weekend. While the tractor is in the shop (for fenders) I'll FINALLY re-install the remote hydraulic (valve, hoses, quick-connects) that have been off for 2 years while painting. Valve has been rebuilt, 2 new hoses, 2 new quick couplers.

AND THEN... If all goes well, and the weather warms up a tad, I'll start cleaning the planter, getting it ready to paint if I decide to go that route, and re-setting row width to 34". (It's @ 40" now. ) 6 to 8 weeks 'till corn plant'n season is upon us. (Planting 1/2-acre of popcorn this year!)

I've got the disc sitting just outside the shop, waiting on paint.

I bought a Massey Ferguson 3-point "Pond scoop" that needs to be painted.

AND...the baler will get paint.

Gonna be a LOT of red paint flying over the next few weeks.

Ker-THUNK:wtf: :eek:

That is the sound of my jaw smacking the floor!

I'm one of those people that has to know what everything is worth. Not for any reason other than my own curiousity. I know what I was willing to pay for my planter, and I know what I had to pay for it. I've found a second one that I'm going after this weekend. It was less than the one I already have.

So... What is the "GOING RATE" for a #39 2-row MF planter?

You can about bet whatever I paid is close to the "low buck". So what's the "high dollar"? :waiting:

Wengers of Meyerstown (Pa) has two #39's, both re-paints, both good condition, both w/ disc openers (Worth $100 to $150 more'n my shoe openers)

TWO THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED and FIFTEY BUCKS
:eek: :alc: :yum: :yum:

Anyone need a planter? I'll sell you one for less than they will:rolleyes:

Just got done cleaning up the #39 Massey Ferguson 2-row 3-point planter!

It looks a LOT better without all the dirt and grease.

Next to narrow it down to 30" rows. (set @40" now)

Attachments

• Jan1dogs 041.jpg
    Jan1dogs 041.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 68
  • Jan1dogs 043.jpg
    Jan1dogs 043.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Jan1dogs 042.jpg
    Jan1dogs 042.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Jan1dogs 040.jpg
    Jan1dogs 040.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 74
Finished and ready to drop seed in the ground. I ended up buying a second planter just like the first one. Keeping this one, sold #2 already.

Attachments

• Jan1dogs 044.jpg
    Jan1dogs 044.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Jan1dogs 045.jpg
    Jan1dogs 045.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Jan1dogs 046.jpg
    Jan1dogs 046.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Jan1dogs 047.jpg
    Jan1dogs 047.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Jan1dogs 048.jpg
    Jan1dogs 048.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Jan1dogs 051.jpg
    Jan1dogs 051.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 61
  • Jan1dogs 052.jpg
    Jan1dogs 052.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Jan1dogs 053.jpg
    Jan1dogs 053.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 58

jdhsoperton

I just bought a MF Model 37 I believe....no fertilizer bin. The plates were not in good shape...am going to use it for planting corn in deer foodplots. Ordered a set of corn plates....total cost $123.62 including shipping, drop charge , and UPS shipping. The cost per plate was $48.42. Seems like a lot for the plates...hope that they won't break right away.

DieselP

No pictures (YET). But it's on the way! I've been looking for various Massey Ferguson implements that match up with the 150. I've got a #66 2X14" plow, a #25 7'-10" 3-point disc, a #24 baler. I've got a line on a MF soil scoop but it's not a done deal yet. I've had my ear to the ground for several years hunting for a #39 planter. No good ones seemed to ever show up. I was scanning EBAY a week ago and one appeared. It was in pristine condition. Original owner only used it a few years then stored it away. Bidding was stagnent. Then I saw where it was located!!! Only 40 miles from home. I even know the guy who's selling it. So, I put in a maximum bid that's WAY more than average selling price for a #39 and waited. And waited. And waited.

Sale ended at 4:45PM yesterday. I'm going after it saturday morning! A little clean up and maintenance, and she'll be field ready!

Gonna grow a crop of POPCORN this summer! Stay tuned for corn planting escapades:cool:

Hello There ...... I wonder if I could pick you brain on the 39 planter ? ;-)

Thx
DieselP