rtv rear u joint

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Red dog, you may want to post this thread in the RTV forum on here. It is just for RTV's and more owners will see it there.

reddog5527

Hello bordercollie, Thanks bunches. your pics were a big help. Do u have bgn & seal numbers? aftermarket, not buota. Loved your weed wiper. I bet it does good in pasture. Thanks again.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hello bordercollie, Thanks bunches. your pics were a big help. Do u have bgn & seal numbers? aftermarket, not buota. Loved your weed wiper. I bet it does good in pasture. Thanks again.

Hey reddog. The seals are Kubota but the bearings are aftermarket. I don't think I have the numbers- I gave all of the box ends and info written down to the guy that bought the '05. I will look tomorrow and see if it happens to be something written down where I keep my other manuals at the barn. Those seals have a lip or something" Kubodian" that makes them special for the kubota. At least that is what the auto parts store guy said. The bearings were imported. I will let you know what I find out. If you take one of your old bearings to a store like NAPA but not Autozone types you may find someone to help you cross reference them .
Thanks on the weed wiper. It does ok but it is a hard battle proving it around here. I used it on some foxtail and goat weed- it was real obvious where I missed but also bad looking before I got the hydraulic cooler and tried leaving the height in one place. I barely touched some bermuda here and there and it sure showed up. Better luck next year I hope for the wiper proving it's usefulness when those weeds that didn't reseed don't show up. Get rid of one weed and 3 more different ones show up it seems. I also got started on it too late in the season .
. Good Luck on your ujoints. bordercollie

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Hello, I need to change rear u joints/bearings on my rtv 900. Any pics or tips would be helpful. Thanks

Hey reddog, please be sure you're starting threads in the proper forum. I moved this one from the Kubota Forum to the Kubota RTV Owners Group Forum

Thanks,

Dawg

Mark.Sibole

Aftermarket is the precision 397 joint.You can get them with or without the zerk fittings.The 397 is all ive used on mine and Bordercollie used the same.