Underhung Canopy Lightbar results

Ordered a couple of lightbars off of ebay. Thought I would post the results and the one warning I have.

Not much to say, I am going to re-run the wires into the ROPS when I get some more protective tubing (I have blue, the wife freaked and now I need to go buy black).

My warning is on my rear lights. I really really like the new LED Mounting brackets, the ones that are part of the cooling fins. What I did not realize is that they are not that great mounting especially for underhung. First is that when you hang them upside down you cannot point them down, only up (They are designed to be top mounted, who knew). Also, the hex bolts to align them are nearly impossible to reach. No tweaking once installed without uninstalling in most applications. I am going to buy some wedge washers this week and will use those to tweek the lights a bit.

Just FYI The Mounting brackets that are on the end of a light are not trouble free as well. They tend to have notches in the brackets, and you cannot fine tune your alignment, which is really important on these ultra powerful light bars.

As for photos, I included the ad for the lights I do not like the mounting brackets on.

Photos did not go up. Here they are

Attachments

• IMG_5406.jpg
    IMG_5406.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5407.jpg
    IMG_5407.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5408.jpg
    IMG_5408.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5409.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5411.jpg
    IMG_5411.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 176
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 175

ovrszd

Looks great. LEDs have totally changed the aftermarket lighting world. Only thing wrong with them is we didn't invent em. :)

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
First post... Enjoying the Forums.

My previous owner mounted forward LED Light Bar behind the windshield.
SUX due to back-glare.
I moved it to over the cab roof and now enjoy them immensely.

The previous owner ran the wires inside the ROPs/Frame entering the frame just fwd of the battery, and ran the wires up to thru the overhead/left ROPs frame. I am not happy about people who cut into frames/ROPs. It is far better to simply Ty-wrap the wires externally to the ROPs.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Let me add (for the Original Poster) that it's not difficult to add rubber flat-washers to the ends of those indexed LED lightbars between the bar and the mount... which will allow infinite adjustment angles of the lightbar.