Maximum Tilt / Roll Over Angle x900?

So we have very hilly property. I see nothing anywhere to indicate tested roll over angle for the x900. Anyone have any ideas?

So far 25 is my max pucker.

This is actually important to me both for the safety and for my own idiocy. I own a tractor that can go on a side slope at 45 degrees so I get very comfortable at angles. I nearly rolled my neighbors kubota tractor a few years ago so now I just like to get an idea of what things are rated at.

Lee1935

So we have very hilly property. I see nothing anywhere to indicate tested roll over angle for the x900. Anyone have any ideas?

So far 25 is my max pucker.

This is actually important to me both for the safety and for my own idiocy. I own a tractor that can go on a side slope at 45 degrees so I get very comfortable at angles. I nearly rolled my neighbors kubota tractor a few years ago so now I just like to get an idea of what things are rated at.

Nice to meet someone from hilly country, my playground is the Selkirk MTs in BC
Side slopes? if your buddy has to hangout on the uphill side, maybe you've went to far?

I have one rule for grandkids and newbie visitors
Straight up-Straight down.

when I was a kid I laid a log jammer on it's side "a lesson learned 67 years ago & never forgotten" ☺☺☺

ovrszd

I am in steep timber commonly. First thing I learned about the RTV is that it doesn't like steep terrain. :)

I have no hard data concerning rollover angle. Just use that instinctive internal alarm. I've rolled my offroad buggy many, many times. No concerns at all. But I'm in a good seat with 5 point harness and a bullet proof cage. Not so much in the RTV. So I don't push it. :)

foxalaska

Nice to meet someone from hilly country, my playground is the Selkirk MTs in BC
Side slopes? if your buddy has to hangout on the uphill side, maybe you've went to far?

I have one rule for grandkids and newbie visitors
Straight up-Straight down.

when I was a kid I laid a log jammer on it's side "a lesson learned 67 years ago & never forgotten" ☺☺☺

A "log jammer" as in the "Idaho log jammer"? Many hours on them from hooking to punching to loading trucks. All home made, very effective. My first real job as a kid was whistle punking for my dad on one. Coeur d Alene area of Idaho.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
For us, we use an inclinometer. A device that indicates the side angle that you are on and also the up and down angle. At 22 degrees it is really pretty spooky and at that angle if one hits a hole or bad bump it throws you into trouble. The independent suspension, for me, seems to cause even more problems because the wheel that is high is often just hanging up there in mid-air with you trying to bounce that side back down. Speed is the greatest cause of roll over on these things for me. it seems that when we are nice and slow, one has the time to "feel" the suspension "bottoming" out ass it stretches to it's limit and there is a little bump there that one feels. ALL OF MY PASTURES AND LAND are on one kind of slope or another. It seems that watching my hired hand scare themselves is often the thrill of the day. .........Just take care and watch that speed. 22 degrees is MY limit and it seems that is where the machine says ENOUGH!!!!

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
For us, we use an inclinometer. A device that indicates the side angle that you are on and also the up and down angle. At 22 degrees it is really pretty spooky and at that angle if one hits a hole or bad bump it throws you into trouble. The independent suspension, for me, seems to cause even more problems because the wheel that is high is often just hanging up there in mid-air with you trying to bounce that side back down. Speed is the greatest cause of roll over on these things for me. it seems that when we are nice and slow, one has the time to "feel" the suspension "bottoming" out ass it stretches to it's limit and there is a little bump there that one feels. ALL OF MY PASTURES AND LAND are on one kind of slope or another. It seems that watching my hired hand scare themselves is often the thrill of the day. .........Just take care and watch that speed. 22 degrees is MY limit and it seems that is where the machine says ENOUGH!!!!

Good Answer! I can only add that heavy payloads make her list too!

I put an inclinometer on it last night. Yeah, I agree... 22. Going to tell the wife 17 and that should cover for any unexpected surprises. And yes, the bed is up high and really throws the balance off.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm in hilly terrain as well. The hill in my back yard goes up 300' of elevation in about 1000' of distance. No way I can go straight up that thing so I cut trails to traverse it back and forth.

As you compute your pucker factor limit, as already mentioned, it gets more top heavy with a load in the bed. If you've made mods like taller tires or a lift kit, it definitely changes your tilt limit. I put in taller tires and a lift kit and immediately noticed how the COG changed for the worse.

ovrszd

If using a lift kit and/or taller tires try adding wheel spacers. They'll help bring things back into perspective.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If using a lift kit and/or taller tires try adding wheel spacers. They'll help bring things back into perspective.
I thought of that but when I saw pricing, I said to myself "no frigging way".
For a set of 4 (one for each tire), I'm seeing prices of $400+ for 1.5" to 2.5" spacers. I'll just keep the trails groomed enough to keep things safe.

ovrszd

I thought of that but when I saw pricing, I said to myself "no frigging way".
For a set of 4 (one for each tire), I'm seeing prices of $400+ for 1.5" to 2.5" spacers. I'll just keep the trails groomed enough to keep things safe.

Let me dig around and see if I can find the site I ordered mine from. I paid less than $100 for a set. If I remember correctly I used 1.5" on the front and 1" on the rear.

With 27" tires and 1" lift I regained my stability with the spacers.