Briggs carb squirting gas?

2old2shovel

My Gravely walk behind has a B&S Model 303777 Type1032E # 98112511 engine. The carb started squirting gas out of a port just in front of the fuel inlet. To the best of my knowledge nothing has ever been connected to that port but I could be mistaken.
Any idea what that port is and why gas all of a sudden is squirting out of it?
I'm pretty certain the carb needs rebuilding by now and have every intention of doing so...as soon as I get a little caught up with the grass (which I can hear growing from here).

Attachments

• SDC10397 (Small).JPG
    SDC10397 (Small).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 27

2old2shovel

My Gravely walk behind has a B&S Model 303777 Type1032E # 98112511 engine. The carb started squirting gas out of a port just in front of the fuel inlet. To the best of my knowledge nothing has ever been connected to that port but I could be mistaken.
Any idea what that port is and why gas all of a sudden is squirting out of it?
I'm pretty certain the carb needs rebuilding by now and have every intention of doing so...as soon as I get a little caught up with the grass (which I can hear growing from here).

Disregard. That isn't the problem. I am assuming gas squirting out of there only happens when it shuts down, I'm not sure. The thing will only run when the choke is pulled almost all the way on so I'm assuming there is a fuel delivery issue. I'm buying a gasket kit and cleaning the heck out of it and I hope that does it. A rebuild kit is over $100. Whole damn mower didn't cost me that much.