Kubota RTV x1100c Hood Rack

soccertoad20

Has anyone seen someone sell or anyone ever fabricate their own front hood rack for a rtv x1100c? I've seen racks for all the other models, old and new, but not for the cab version. I know it's because it has the cab and the roll bars aren't accessible due to the windshield, but has anyone ever made one? I can't seem to find anyone who sells one.

I did see the one I posted below that supposedly was being sold for a x1100c (at least the description said it was. Yes I know the picture shows it on a 900) but they were no longer selling it and it was like $350. No idea what the website was now, but I saved the picture in case I decide to fab my own.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. One that only attaches at the front and is cantilevered over the hood and can either be hinged or some sort of quick attach to be able to access the hood. Anyone have any luck finding something like this or made their own?

I'd love to have something like this. Storage on a x1100c is kind of lacking due to the glovebox being removed for the heat/ac controls. Plus if I want to use the cargo bed for actual work like firewood or dirt moving I need some other place to hold the cooler! The passenger seat will be occupied by my wife.

Attachments

• SMRTVHoodRack04.jpg
    SMRTVHoodRack04.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 158

ovrszd

Sorry I can't help you.

I saw one similar to this previously, maybe the same one. Got it on my mental "to do" list. I haven't studied it enough to decide if the front bumper is strong enough to carry the entire rack. No supports at the rollbar/windshield. I'd use it to carry an extra chainsaw as well as fuel and oil jugs. I have a chainsaw carrier bolted to my bed rack for one saw. But am always fighting with the gas/oil. Willard rides on the passenger side and refuses to hang onto those jugs. He'll let them slide right out onto the ground and then look at me with that "I didn't do that" look......

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have that rack on the front of my 900 and it does work well. I had to make custom brackets to connect to the ROPS due to a home-made windshield.

Can someone with the x1100 post a couple pics of the area where the windshield and hood come together? I'll see if I can find pics on how I attached mine to see if it helps any.

Prior to getting that hood rack, here's an idea I was considering.
Instead of going over the hood, I was going to go out in front of the RTV with a toolbox and attach it to the grill guard (or make it so it just slides down to hold it on so it can be removed quickly).

For the toolbox, I was going to go with a trailer tongue toolbox. Either plastic or steel (I was leaning towards plastic due to weight and it can better take impacts from things I may bump into).

2014_Other_Tool_Box_Trailer_Tongue_BIo9NI.jpg

Another option was to use the front receiver and buy or make a rack or bin similar to what you see people put on the rear receiver of their trucks and SUV's. The nice part about these is you can either remove or just swing it up and lock in place when not needed.

628_25-500x500.JPG

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, didn't know it but it looks like they already make ATV/UTV receiver racks. Since the RTV has the front receiver, it may be easy. This one doesn't have tilt and I don't know if they do make tilt versions.

s-l1000.jpg

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I want to build a above hood rack using the 2” receiver. The Curtis plow came with its own 2” receiver mount so I have a extra. I have to admit though I like the bumper mount(above photo) better (ohh well back to the drawing board).
I tried to flip this picture on my phone so if it’s upside down I don’t know what to tell you. What I can tell you is if you go with a receiver rack I recommend mounting some plow markers on the corners because you can’t see from the cab!

Attachments

• F9E312C0-2921-4FFE-BF07-D5F450A94313.jpg
    F9E312C0-2921-4FFE-BF07-D5F450A94313.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 138

ovrszd

I say if you haven't had your RTV firmly planted on those two rubber bumper pads above the rear springs you haven't loaded your RTV!!!!!

VA1100

I modified a receiver hitch for an ATV that I bought at Harbor Freight for about $40.00. Probably would have been better off with a full size unit, as I had to widen the one I bought to make everything fit. I used a piece of angle iron at the bumper to connect the back and installed the two braces in the front to help with support as well as guide the brush under the front wheels. The disadvantage to this is that the headlights are pretty much worthless when the rack is loaded. I use the front worklights only when this is installed. The advantage is I can open the hood without unloading the rack. It is just installed with four bolts, can be removed and installed easily.
Pete

Attachments

• 2433CBD7-3305-4B34-8F94-5FC83FCE8842.jpg
    2433CBD7-3305-4B34-8F94-5FC83FCE8842.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 82170930-D5A3-411E-A64D-F8B00888ED62.jpg
    82170930-D5A3-411E-A64D-F8B00888ED62.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 3EB09328-D5BE-48FE-B666-570FB19FEB91.jpg
    3EB09328-D5BE-48FE-B666-570FB19FEB91.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 101

soccertoad20

I know I can go get a regular rack like that and use my front hitch receiver or do like VA1100 and mount it not using the hitch but either way it lengthens the rtv quite a bit. I'd rather not have to make the whole machine longer if I can help it, especially if I'm in the woods on trails.

ovrszd

I know I can go get a regular rack like that and use my front hitch receiver or do like VA1100 and mount it not using the hitch but either way it lengthens the rtv quite a bit. I'd rather not have to make the whole machine longer if I can help it, especially if I'm in the woods on trails.

Or crossing ditches.

soccertoad20

Looks like I'll have to come up with my own design and have someone fabricate it for me. I'm thinking making it hinged will be a real pain. My thought would be to put some sort of tubes onto the bumper and then have some legs come off the rack that slides into those tubes and probably lock to the tubes somehow, maybe a pin of some sort. That way it's easily removable when I need to get to the hood. It would need to be strong enough that it doesn't bounce around and hit the hood or start to bend under the weight I doubt there would be much weight on it in the first place. Probably a cooler, chainsaw, gas can, bar and chain oil, etc. That can't be much weight.