every tractor should have a hyd top link

gdebt

Well I finally got my hyd top link that I planned to use it on a box blade but I haven't gotten to that yet.

I have it mounted and I am using it on my mower and it is turning out to be very convenient. We have several banks that need mowed and driving over them isnt and issue but the angles are steep enough that I could not adjust a manual one to keep it from missing. Now I just adjust as I go over the bank great Idea.

One minor thing I will fix in the winter is the color they painted the cylinder. it is a off blue color it is not New Holland Blue it is a lighter brighter color. that doesn't go with my Green or Black on my tractor:yuk:

Anyone else using these or the top and tilt kits.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know a hydraulic top link would help me with box blading, but the cost is preventative for the time being. Other 'items' ahead of it on my 'to buy' list. :eek:
Heck I still need teeth on my FEL bucket....and stuff for my other hobby, boating.
I tell myself if I had the hydraulic top link I would do more box blading, and I would guess that to be true, but I still have a hard time justifying it for just box blading. I suppose it would help with my rake, and blade also. I use a chain instead of a real top link when brush hogging, so no advantage for a hydraulic top link there.
Gdebt as you find more benefits from your hydraulic link please share them, as I might be able to use them to 'justify' my hydraulic top link purchase.

Did you go to a New Holland shop to have yours installed? I can't imagine why they would put a blue one on a John Deere Tractor. :pat:

gdebt

Top Link color

I got my top link here http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm and installed in myself it was very easy. These people were great to work with. My eyes were bigger than my tractor so I order the large one first and had to return it because it was to big. They exchanged it no problem and I got the mid sized one.
I called about the blue color and they told me that the company that makes the cylinders makes the hydralics for some over seas company that I cant remember and this light blue color was what they were running so it was either that or wait till they changed colors. I think I can sand it and paint it later. I havent met a paint yet that makes it work better.
I dont plan to take this off except for the PHD and even that can use down pressure but it would take some rigging. For the cost it makes everything operate more conveniently.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Will it work with existing remotes or did you put that on too?

Jim

gdebt

It should work with existing remotes there is nothing special about the connection.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I installed the same top link you did. It makes it super easy to hook up attachments but also is great with a box blade.

camnbc

Well I finally got my hyd top link that I planned to use it on a box blade but I haven't gotten to that yet.

I have it mounted and I am using it on my mower and it is turning out to be very convenient. We have several banks that need mowed and driving over them isnt and issue but the angles are steep enough that I could not adjust a manual one to keep it from missing. Now I just adjust as I go over the bank great Idea.

One minor thing I will fix in the winter is the color they painted the cylinder. it is a off blue color it is not New Holland Blue it is a lighter brighter color. that doesn't go with my Green or Black on my tractor:yuk:

Anyone else using these or the top and tilt kits.
I wouldnt trade mine for anything.

I got my top link here http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm and installed in myself it was very easy. These people were great to work with. My eyes were bigger than my tractor so I order the large one first and had to return it because it was to big. They exchanged it no problem and I got the mid sized one.
I called about the blue color and they told me that the company that makes the cylinders makes the hydralics for some over seas company that I cant remember and this light blue color was what they were running so it was either that or wait till they changed colors. I think I can sand it and paint it later. I havent met a paint yet that makes it work better.
I dont plan to take this off except for the PHD and even that can use down pressure but it would take some rigging. For the cost it makes everything operate more conveniently.

Do not not use a double acting hydraulic for down pressure on a PHD. That is a recipe for disaster. Down pressure kits for a PHD use one way hydraulics with a bleed-off valve. I know that you don't have it set up that way now and please don't do it in the future, you will end up bending your PHD frame.:badidea:

DK35vince

I've been using hydraulic top and tilt cylinders on my tractor for 6 years now.
Wouldn't want to be without it.
You will see a huge differance with the hydraulic top link using your boxblade.

Once you spend the $$$ for a top & tilt set you will wonder how and why did you ever get by without it. They should be a standard factory option IMO. They are simply great to have and make everything that they attach to easier and better to work with.:thumb: