don't carry ccw behind you!!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i carry my ccw on my side or in the rear when i'm not carring a mag pouch. well yesterday i had my glock17 and was carring it in the rear .when we got home my wife decided to bring one of our outside cats .well my inside 89lb lab didn't like that idea too much and took off after it. i grabbed his collar and tryed to holed him back and he pulled my backwayds and i fell on my back ontop the gun .well to make a long story short i think i might have fractured my tail bone .i can't hardly sit down nor can i even walk for a long distance today.might have to make a dr visit tonight at the hospital because it seems to be getting worse by the hour.last night i sat in the hot tub with the jets blowing on it to kinda massage it i did feel better while in the tube but as soon as i got out it was right back to being in pain.i will now carry on my side from now on.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Don't let the Brady Campaign find out Peanut, they'll use it as justification for gun control...

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you got that right .they would probably ban the holsters and the guns for safety issues not to mention put a ban on all large breed dogs too.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about the tail bone Peanut, I know that hurts like hell. Did that one once when i was going down the Rogue River in a tahiti. Bottom of the boats blew out and my tail bone it a rock. Not fun at all. Not sure what you can do about it either. Good luck.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
really ain't much you can do about it but take the pain and live with it.but man dat crap hurts.lol

Erik

you have my sympathy m8 -- even if it's "just" a bad bruise, you're going to hurt for a while -- voice of experience.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
You could always shoot your toe, the back pain will go away then ...................

yeah, I know bad joke ............. :(

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
man i can't win for loosing i spent 4 hours at the er last night getting a piece of metal scrapped out my eye with a syrenge..but with all the pain of my butt i didn't even flinch when the dr was messin with my eye.lmao.hopeing today will be a better day i mean come on what else could happen to me right??lol

urednecku

Dang Peanut, you sound as clumsy as me sometimes!
Glad you're not hurt too bad.
I learned long time ago, don't carry anything on or around your spine, because "sh*t happens" when ya least expect it....it's too easy to fall backwards, and it doesn't take much to mess your back up.

Here's to a speedy recovery!:starbucks:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Dang Peanut, you sound as clumsy as me sometimes!
Glad you're not hurt too bad.
I learned long time ago, don't carry anything on or around your spine, because "sh*t happens" when ya least expect it....it's too easy to fall backwards, and it doesn't take much to mess your back up.

Here's to a speedy recovery!:starbucks:

lmao .no not clumsy just all broken up from the bad disc and surgeries and when that 89lb mutt of a lab took off he don a number on me but i did manage to hang on to him even while i was checkin to see if a damaged my gun.he's just lucky i didn't wanna check to see if the firing pin was damaged.lol

GerryK

I learned that lesson the hard way too. I was riding a psycho horse and had a large frame 35mm camera in a backpack. Got thrown off the horse and you guessed it landed on the camera. Broke 4 ribs and cracked 3 more. I found out later that the owner of the horse tried to ride him the next day and got thrown. As soon as he got his breath back he shot the SOB where he stood. Last time I ever ride a park rental horse.

Red Beard

You guy's are making me laugh- and bringing back lot's of memories! Fell off a bar stool on my little Bond Arms brick next to my spine, hurt for a couple days! the metal shavings embedded in my eye ball took a little over a week. The broke ribs from a horse that landed on me lasted a couple wks longer and the horse got sold a while later, with full disclosure. The toe thing from a .429 300gr XTP will last another 20 or so yrs, or till I die.:bonk:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just noticed this thread. Peanut, I hope you're feeling better by now.

This made me think of a pet concern ... I used to be a framing carpenter when I was 40 years younger. I would never carry my hammer like I saw a lot of other framers do - in a metal loop at the center-rear of my belt.

It's not unusual for carpenters to fall (although I never did) and the last thing you want to land on is a long framing hammer aimed right at the small of your back. For a hammer carried on one hip there is some chance to reach down and adjust what you are going to land on but not when the hammer is center-rear.

I wonder if OHSA has a rule re rear-carried hammers? If they don't, it seems to me maybe the Workmen's Comp Insurance guys might have a standard, based on claim costs. Back when I was framing it was all the rage to weld up a hatchet blade and a framing hammer to make for yourself what is now available as a rigging axe. Those homemade bastard combos were outlawed on sight by the more responsible employers, probably due to pressure from their Workmen's Comp carriers.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
can't use ice because of the ruptured disc me and cold weather or anything cold just don't go together. i don't think workmans comp is really worried about claims in louisiana .we have what you call a no fault law.my butt feels alot better now though.i now carry on my side now .lol i don't even put my mag pouch in the rear even i keep it on the left side and my gun on the right side. beside being alot safer it's quiker to draw from the side rather than the rear anyway.