TYM Tractors

VSDI

FLA45FAN I am near Oneonta NY.
My dealer Swantak has been great to do business with. I had a problem with starting when it was 7 below zero he came and replaced the relay. That did not fix the problem and he came back and tested the battery finding it was defective. I had the problem of getting the hood open and then it would not latch closed when I did get it open. Swantak came and replaced the battery and fixed the hood release.

frjeff

Which TYM Model

Very green to tractors but like what I see of the TYM line.
I am curious as to your opinions on which model(s) would be adequate for small home gardening and snow blowing.
Might also mow, but do not need for mowing presently.

Recommendations??

Thanks.

myyaz33

My thinking is leave the mower for the dedicated mower but that is just me.

Do you have a lot to mow?
How large of garden?
How much to snow blow? Is it on concrete?

frjeff

Usage

My thinking is leave the mower for the dedicated mower but that is just me.

Do you have a lot to mow?
How large of garden?
How much to snow blow? Is it on concrete?

I have an adequate lawn tractor for the mowing.

The garden is 80x160

Snow blowing a total of 160x20

J

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What part of the country are you in / how much snow do you get each year?

From what you've described so far 25hp would do the job. If it's a lot of snow it simply might take you longer. If you have enough snow that you would like a cab, you might need to go with 30hp or up. Not sure if you can get a cab for the smaller tractors.

What size of rototiller would you like to run? That is a large garden by my standards. As a rule of thumb a 25hp would handle a 4' tiller and a 30hp would handle a 5' ....35 hp would handle a 6' tiller.

frjeff

Tiller

What part of the country are you in / how much snow do you get each year?

From what you've described so far 25hp would do the job. If it's a lot of snow it simply might take you longer. If you have enough snow that you would like a cab, you might need to go with 30hp or up. Not sure if you can get a cab for the smaller tractors.

What size of rototiller would you like to run? That is a large garden by my standards. As a rule of thumb a 25hp would handle a 4' tiller and a 30hp would handle a 5' ....35 hp would handle a 6' tiller.

I'd likely opt for the 4' tiller so perhaps the smaller HP would do the job.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Talk with the dealer and many times he will have a loaner one that he can bring out to your place and let you use it to see how it works for you. Plus ask him what size TYM tractor you need to run a 4 foot tiller. It is preferable for the tiller to be able to cover the tracks of the tractor so the width of the rear tractor tires do come into play. All the numbers I gave were general rules of thumb. They might vary for TYM and your dealer would be the guy who should know.

Feel free to talk to him (or her) and bounce what they say off of us here on net tractor talk. Often times we can let you know if he's steering you right or not. Kind of like a 2nd opinion.

shvl73

I'd think what you've described so far could easily be handled with the T233 HST; http://www.tym-tractors.com/t233hstspec.php
A 48' tiller would work well, even with the rear wheels slightly over 52". My 2810 is almost 64"w & my tiller is a 60". it rips into the soil so well that it is well tilled. A 54" rear blower is a good match, two passes will handle a single car width driveway. TYM does offer a cab. I prefer to be out in the elements at all times, except for blowing snow on a windy day.
Consider future use and decide if a larger machine fits your needs. Bigger can be better, but not always.

ritec

I have been looking at the TYM tractor web site (http://www.tym-america.com/index.php) and think they have an excellent looking tractor line up. I do like the use of the Caterpillar engine in my favorite model T603. They also use quality diesels like Mitsubishi, John Deere and Kubota in their other tractors. I like the design on the T603 best. It just looks sharp, but looking sharp does not make it perform. Are TYM tractors close in quality and abililty to the John Deere, Kubota and New Holland?

Can anyone on the forum share any experiences/info on the TYM tractors, good or bad?

The newest member of the stable is the all new, and very stylish K6 model T603. Designed from the ground up to be the best in its class the K6 is the first of TYM’s new range of Cat powered units, and every deer knows that nothing runs like a CAT! :poke:
View attachment 89
well if not too late, I have a TYM450 with the Kubota engine and I am very happy with it
a few quirks and quinkydings but it has not let me down yet!

8x56mn

TYM opinion

I bought a TYM 300 GST with a 330 loader last spring and have been very pleased so far. I had the rear tires filled with Beet juice which made the tractor much more stable. I had an issue with the fuel gage and was replaced, have a recurring issue with the tach. The dealer will replace if I ask him too. The tractor has a Mitsubishi (spelling) engine. The tractor is very well built. It runs ever so smooth, loader is very strong, controls are laid out very ergonomically.
I also had a small complaint with the hood latch and was corrected. All and all I rate this tractor as excellent. To be fare your going to find some problems no matter what you buy. The price was 14000 and the 5 yr. warranty is a great selling point. I live near Watkins Glen, NY and the dealer is 5 miles away.

ritec

same here with the fuel tank and hood latch, but no biggy I did not even bother to have it fixed, the main thing is when I go out and turn the key its ready to work for me, you are lucky you have a dealer close by.
Can you share how you filled the rear tire with beet juice? where did you get the juice?

8x56mn

Beet juice

Sure, I had the dealer come and pick the tractor up as it was due for it's 50 hour service and he filled them while he had it there.He sells the beet juice. The guy is great, no charge for pick up and delivery.

GOOBER T

To all you TYM owners. I purchased 1 in March of 2011. A 233 w/cab and backhoe. I traded a 26hp Kabota w/cab for this machine. Cab is good, backhoe works great when parts stay on. No joke. This is the worst investment I have ever made. Hyd problems never stop. Leaks everywhere, get them fixed and it just doesn't end. I've had this back to the dealer 9 times and problems still go on. Did I get a lemon, or other people having same issues and just not talking about it. TYM HAS gone good for everything at this point and time, BUT, for how long? Tractor is down again. Thought it was broke in half, but just frame bolts came loose. Backhoe is out of order now too. Swing pistons broke at knuckle and bottom pin fell out, which caused this problem. Just my input. Not here to cause problems. Just asking if others have had same issues.

8x56mn

Wow, that sucks big time.:pat:So far I have not expierinced any thing like that with mine. I have been away working inShanghai for the last 3 months, so have not had much seat time. The tractor is asleep in the shed

Joeyd

To all you TYM owners. I purchased 1 in March of 2011. A 233 w/cab and backhoe. I traded a 26hp Kabota w/cab for this machine. Cab is good, backhoe works great when parts stay on. No joke. This is the worst investment I have ever made. Hyd problems never stop. Leaks everywhere, get them fixed and it just doesn't end. I've had this back to the dealer 9 times and problems still go on. Did I get a lemon, or other people having same issues and just not talking about it. TYM HAS gone good for everything at this point and time, BUT, for how long? Tractor is down again. Thought it was broke in half, but just frame bolts came loose. Backhoe is out of order now too. Swing pistons broke at knuckle and bottom pin fell out, which caused this problem. Just my input. Not here to cause problems. Just asking if others have had same issues.

I have had my 353HST for over a year now and no problems whatsoever. I have about 60 hours on it waiting to put another 30 or so on just moving snow if we ever get anything worth mentioning this winter. What does the dealer say about all of your issues?

jbirdlebough

Don't do it. TYMs are junk

I bought a new TYM 450 in 2006, it lives in a barn and is washed and serviced every time its used. TYM has had to replace most of the electrical systems, radiator was defective as was the water pump, the LT200 factory installed loader was not installed properly and the transmission bell housing was cracked as a result, the forward/reverse shifter constantly fails to engage even after shop adjusted it.
All the plastic parts on the 450 are seriously damaged from UV and we simply stopped buying front clips because they last at best a year or two before the plastic breaks from lifting the hood. The headlights haze over after 1-2 years to the point of needing to replace them, all the rubber seals on steering and FWD steering shafts are bad on third replacemetns, most of the main seals in the fWD are leaking, as is the PTO seal. The LITW loader and 7600 backhoe are even worse. the back hoe we had to replace all the hoses two of the cylinders, the bucket, the main swing pinon was missing grease journals, the loader leaks even with new seals.

Sad thing is if they just spent $100 and built these correctly these would be average tractor. Warranty is non-existent. Dealers were screwed by TYM who did not pay the warrenty expenses.

SO BUYER BE WARE THESE ARE VERY POORLY DESIGNED, THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE TO FIX, AND SAME THINGS WILL BREAK AGAIN AND AGAIN. Compared to my CASE and Deers which are 45 years old and still running original parts.

TYM looks pretty, has nice feature set, but 3-5 years from now, you will be very unhappy. Mine only has 1455hrs on it and over $5000 worth of new parts just to keep it running. Mehendra and TYM are both total piles.

Hope this saves you from what I have experience. CASE, Deer, New Holland all make good units, you can get parts and service. Not so with TYM or Mehendra.

:shitHitsFan::puke1::toiletpaper::no::mad::unhappy::nuke::yuk::forgetit::soapbox:
U get the point of course.

Keep on farming!
cloudfarmer

I have been looking at the TYM tractor web site (http://www.tym-america.com/index.php) and think they have an excellent looking tractor line up. I do like the use of the Caterpillar engine in my favorite model T603. They also use quality diesels like Mitsubishi, John Deere and Kubota in their other tractors. I like the design on the T603 best. It just looks sharp, but looking sharp does not make it perform. Are TYM tractors close in quality and abililty to the John Deere, Kubota and New Holland?

Can anyone on the forum share any experiences/info on the TYM tractors, good or bad?

The newest member of the stable is the all new, and very stylish K6 model T603. Designed from the ground up to be the best in its class the K6 is the first of TYM’s new range of Cat powered units, and every deer knows that nothing runs like a CAT! :poke:
View attachment 89

narmac

I have almost 300 hours on mine and I have not spared the tractor for light work. I had a few leaks which required snugging of clamps etc,,tractor works great,,hates to start at or below freezing ,,,, :eek:),,,,here is a video of her working a small section of property I am clearing,,,,,,,,,,,,,it has the root grapple attachment on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0FCXvP9XQ[/ame]

,,,,,,,,,,,sorry for the portrait layout and not the landscape on the video.