why I have been quiet

Brandi:

Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better. I know the feeling of when it rains bad things it pours. We will keep you in our prayers.
tinker

Bindian

Brandi:

Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better. I know the feeling of when it rains bad things it pours. We will keep you in our prayers.
tinker
Hey Tinker,:wave:
I am hanging in there. Just wished I could find the time for more sleep. Keep the prayers coming.
hugs, Brandi

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best wishes and prayers for you Brandi. Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel is just around the corner. :thumb:
Glad to see you posting again. We were concerned for you after Ike passed through your area.
hi to dougster from me whenever you talk to him. :D

Bindian

Best wishes and prayers for you Brandi. Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel is just around the corner. :thumb:
Glad to see you posting again. We were concerned for you after Ike passed through your area.
hi to dougster from me whenever you talk to him. :D
Doc,:wave:
Yes, I hope that corner turns soon. Ike gave the Big RED Beast heavy workouts last Friday and Saturday. I almost stuck:pat: her in the front yard trying to get to an elm tree that snapped off and fell on my roof while Ike was leaving, but was still windy and raining. She even did guard duty on my generator while we slept or were away from home.
Anybody need some firewood?:smartass: She even played bulldozer with the large oak's root ball and stump pushing it to the burn pile. But I really love the backhoe's thumb. I was grabbing large brush piles and limbs wisking them to the burn pile(s).:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 9-19-08 Having fun with a pine top downed by Ike.jpg
    9-19-08 Having fun with a pine top downed by Ike.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 459
  • 9-19-08 I'm a logger thanks to Ike.jpg
    9-19-08 I'm a logger thanks to Ike.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 9-19-08 My street after Ike.jpg
    9-19-08 My street after Ike.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 9-19-08 Generator in Mahindra vault.jpg
    9-19-08 Generator in Mahindra vault.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 457
  • 9-20-08 Tree trunks cut the backhoe way.jpg
    9-20-08 Tree trunks cut the backhoe way.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 473
  • 9-20-08 Sliding the Oak root ball to the burn pile.jpg
    9-20-08 Sliding the Oak root ball to the burn pile.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 477
  • 9-20-08 Backhoe thumb earning it's keep.jpg
    9-20-08 Backhoe thumb earning it's keep.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 466

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Brandi, think how much more she'd like a grapple in place of the bucket on yhe loader, too! I'm hearing more and more you can get more done faster with a grapple picking up piles than a thumb picking up onesies and twosies. Of course, I'm sure the thumb makes it a lot easier to build those piles!

I hope you didn't have too much damage to your roof - hadn't heard about that earlier, or maybe it didn't sink in with all the rest you've been going through.

Hugs back,

Fred

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Brandi, THANKS! Glad you are doing okay after Ike and you got some good seat time. :thumb:

haffasst

Brandi, I don't think we have met yet, I'm Barry. I'm just an old man (64) but I just lost my father last year(88). He had the same illness as your dad for 5 years. My mom (87) is still living alone. It can be trying as you know. You are doing all you can. I don't have the problems you have with your brother. Thank God. My prayers and hugs to you. Keep up the good work, we're all they have left.
Hugs
Barry

jbrumberg

Brandi:

:wave:I have been remiss with my involvement with NTT again, and just wanted to check in with you and wish you well with everything that has been happening to you and your family. My positive thoughts and prayers are with you. Great pictures and I am glad that you weathered Ike. Hang in there, keep your friends close, and keep the hugs going. Jay

PS: Believe it or not I have been hooking out with the Older Dougster :starbucks: with some regularity recently :ohmy:. We are quite a pair :beer: .Jay :letitsnow:

Bindian

Hey, Brandi, think how much more she'd like a grapple in place of the bucket on yhe loader, too! I'm hearing more and more you can get more done faster with a grapple picking up piles than a thumb picking up onesies and twosies. Of course, I'm sure the thumb makes it a lot easier to build those piles!

I hope you didn't have too much damage to your roof - hadn't heard about that earlier, or maybe it didn't sink in with all the rest you've been going through.

Hugs back,

Fred
Fred,:wave:
I didn't have much damage to the roof. Don't get me started on wanting a grapple. I have been thinking how nice it would be to have one, along with a root rake all last weekend. The photo shows one limb, but I carry one to another limb and shove one on top of the other and pick up numerous limbs. It works and it is saving me around $2000 for a grapple, not counting the cost of a root rake.
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Good pics Brandi, THANKS! Glad you are doing okay after Ike and you got some good seat time. :thumb:

Doc,:wave:
Having that much seat time with lack of sleep and no hot water and electricity with hearing a diesel generator for over a week makes for a grumpy Brandi. But it is all over now. I told my friends late Sat. afternoon that I was tired of playing on the Mahindra for the day!:eek:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Brandi, I don't think we have met yet, I'm Barry. I'm just an old man (64) but I just lost my father last year(88). He had the same illness as your dad for 5 years. My mom (87) is still living alone. It can be trying as you know. You are doing all you can. I don't have the problems you have with your brother. Thank God. My prayers and hugs to you. Keep up the good work, we're all they have left.
Hugs
Barry
Barry,:wave:
Nice to meet you:respect: and thanks for the prayers. Yes, it can be trying.
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Brandi:

:wave:I have been remiss with my involvement with NTT again, and just wanted to check in with you and wish you well with everything that has been happening to you and your family. My positive thoughts and prayers are with you. Great pictures and I am glad that you weathered Ike. Hang in there, keep your friends close, and keep the hugs going. Jay

PS: Believe it or not I have been hooking out with the Older Dougster :starbucks: with some regularity recently :ohmy:. We are quite a pair :beer: .Jay :letitsnow:
Jay, :wave:
Dougster told me y'all have been hanging out.:eek: Thanks for the prayers. Oh yeah.........my barn stood up to the best Ike had to give.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

Jay, :wave:
Dougster told me y'all have been hanging out.:eek: Thanks for the prayers. Oh yeah.........my barn stood up to the best Ike had to give.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

By the way, say hi to Dougster for me next time you cross paths with him. :wave:

We're STILL cutting up trees that Ike decided were in need of falling. I've got 6 more to cut up then I'm done. No shortage of firewood for the next couple years! Me and the Mrs are already looking forward to a nice hot fire in the fireplace on those cold snowy winter days. :letitsnow: I shelled most of my popcorn crop yesterday. I love popping it over a real fire and NOT in a microwave. :chef:

kenmac

:wave:hey brandi, I'am a new commer here & have been reading some of the rough times you have been going through. I hope all turns out well for you. I don't know where you are from but, mabe that some of us could help you out with that brother of your's. Why would he assult a woman ?? :furious:.........not man enough to assult a man??

Bindian

By the way, say hi to Dougster for me next time you cross paths with him. :wave:

We're STILL cutting up trees that Ike decided were in need of falling. I've got 6 more to cut up then I'm done. No shortage of firewood for the next couple years! Me and the Mrs are already looking forward to a nice hot fire in the fireplace on those cold snowy winter days. :letitsnow: I shelled most of my popcorn crop yesterday. I love popping it over a real fire and NOT in a microwave. :chef:
Bill,:wave:
I tell the Dougster:starbucks:, Hi from the Kentucky Confederates.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

:wave:hey brandi, I'am a new commer here & have been reading some of the rough times you have been going through. I hope all turns out well for you. I don't know where you are from but, mabe that some of us could help you out with that brother of your's. Why would he assult a woman ?? :furious:.........not man enough to assult a man??
Kenmac,:wave:
Thanks! I down in Texas, an hour north of Houston. Where are you located?
hugs, Brandi