L 59

larryRB

Anyone know where I can get a flyer in this new machine, and can anyone take a guess at what you think it will cost, Like my 48, I need third valve up front, 12 and 24 inch mechanical release hoe buckets, and I'm sure if I think about it long enough, I can come up with more.

Dougster

Old Member
I heard somewhere that it was the M59, not L series?
Yes... Larry is very old and set in his ways... and insists that the new 2008 Kubota M59 should have been called the L59 since it is obviously the replacement for the L48. He does have a perfectly valid point, of course, but one must accept that Kubota has it's technical and/or marketing reasons... or maybe just likes the letter "M" better. :)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Anyone know where I can get a flyer in this new machine, and can anyone take a guess at what you think it will cost, Like my 48, I need third valve up front, 12 and 24 inch mechanical release hoe buckets, and I'm sure if I think about it long enough, I can come up with more.
Dealers who attended the most recent dealer meeting all have at least one copy of the M59 brochure. I was allowed to read the brochure... but they needed/wanted to keep it. I was allowed to make a Xerox copy of the cover and specs if you want them. Let me know if you want me to try to scan them. The scan of a poor Xerox copy may not be very high quality.

We talked price, but I must admit that I was mostly focused on performance and weight. There is no way on God's green earth that I could ever afford a brand new M59... so it was more about comparison to the L39 and L48 that was on my mind. I recall them talking mid- to high-$40's street price... easily pushing $50K or more with a few extra adders and accessories (and/or poor buyer bargaining!).

Dougster

B

bczoom

I stopped by the dealer this morning to see if I could get you one.

Like Dougster noted, the dealer only has one and I therefore couldn't get one.

He gave me some prices and they were $46-49K.

I couldn't find the length but weight was about 8,500.

larryRB

I can't afford to buy one either. I am really interested in the mechanical specs and what extra's will be offered,, My 48 runs smooth and have never had a problem with it, If the northeast dealers are quoting mid to high 40's, then they are aware that supposedly Kubota will be copying Deere and having a list price structure showing on their web page. This, makes me happy as the northeast dealers will be stopped from quoting whatever hits their minds at the time, I know when I shopped for a 48 (almost 2 years in time) I had radical, way radical list prices from the various new england dealers,, as much as 9,000 difference between them,, I went south, to a large, old established dealer in Pennsylvania and cut that nine grand including CT state tax, delivery,and added quite a few options to boot,.

Dougster

Old Member
I can't afford to buy one either. I am really interested in the mechanical specs and what extra's will be offered,, My 48 runs smooth and have never had a problem with it, If the northeast dealers are quoting mid to high 40's, then they are aware that supposedly Kubota will be copying Deere and having a list price structure showing on their web page. This, makes me happy as the northeast dealers will be stopped from quoting whatever hits their minds at the time, I know when I shopped for a 48 (almost 2 years in time) I had radical, way radical list prices from the various new england dealers,, as much as 9,000 difference between them,, I went south, to a large, old established dealer in Pennsylvania and cut that nine grand including CT state tax, delivery,and added quite a few options to boot,.
What makes me most happy is that everyone with an L48 wants an M59! :) Hopefully, this will flood the market with used L48's until the prices come down to the point where I could actually afford one. They may be all new and pretty... but incremental performance-wise, a costly M59 upgrade from an L48 is impossible to justify. But that is not stopping people from lining up at the local Kubota Palace and waiving around wads of green money like it was going out of style. :D

There is no doubt in my mind at all that the new M59 will emerge as the new standard for compact backhoes. :)

Dougster

B

bczoom

There is no doubt in my mind at all that the new M59 will emerge as the new standard for compact backhoes. :)
I obviously haven't seen one yet but have heard they're quite a bit bigger than the L48. I don't have an idea of the difference but wonder if they would still be considered "compact".

Dougster

Old Member
I obviously haven't seen one yet but have heard they're quite a bit bigger than the L48. I don't have an idea of the difference but wonder if they would still be considered "compact".
They really aren't that much bigger or heavier or all that much more powerful than the L48. Early rumors of a monster machine were way out of whack. I consider them an L48... dressed up to look like an L39 (i.e., the new look/style)... on steroids.

Ask anyone with a 15,000 to 18,000 lb full-sized backhoe if an 8,500 lb Kubota is a compact or not. They'll give you a big toothy grin! :mrgreen:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
I guess the rumors are still out there.
I'll pull together a little basic spec comparison... L48 vs. M59... first chance I get. Unfortunately, no one out there in Internet land is publishing such a side-by-side comparison just yet.

Dougster