MF135 PTO

Davlgo2

my 1st post...there seems to be 3 different position on the pto lever but only 1 activates the pto? MF135 1972
I don`t find the snow blower throws the snow very far....could there have been 2 different PTO speed before and only one working now .
Just bought this (old faithfull) thanks for any help

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Dav ....sure sounds like you nailed it. Two PTO speeds and only the slower one must be engaging. I had an even older 8n and that was it's setup also.
Probably 540 rpm and 1000 rpm. Sounds like your snow blower needs the 1000 rpm but is only working on 540 rpm. That sure would make a shorter throw for the snow.

Broncobob

Dav, all the way forward on the PTO leaver is ground speed PTO ( unless you have a muiltpower ) which means it will only rotate while the tractor is moving. All the way back is straight drive PTO which works off the back of the Hyd. pump. These are square cut splines on the Hyd. pump shaft and the inside of the slip connector and it can be quite a chore to make it engage. It will grind gears like teenage little girl learning to drive stick. I installed a new Hyd. pump in my 35 and it's a bear to engage the PTO matter of fact I shut the engine off while pushing the PTO lever all the way back. Then start it back up and off we go. Also look on the PTO base plate and it should have 3 lines on it ground speed, neutral, and PTO. I hope this helps.